njtmead
Level 2: Rookie

Messagebank audio no longer being sent via MMS

For years, when I received a voicemail it would be sent as an MMS so I could listen to it directly on my phone (Pixel 3):

Screenshot_20201026-151343.png
I recently had to do a change of ownership for my Telstra account (from business to personal account) which required getting a new SIM card. Since this change I no longer get the voicemail as an MMS, I simply get an SMS telling me to call voicemail:

screenshot after change no mms.png
Please help me get it back to MMS, it was so much more convenient than having to call 101 voicemail.

When I contacted Telstra support they had never heard of this feature and told me it was an issue with google?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Messagebank audio no longer being sent via MMS

Try sending the message (without quotes) "Audio on" to 144.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
njtmead

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I had already tried this, and received the response "Audio delivery is enabled." but still not working.

DW79
Level 1: Cadet

Having the same issue. I thought this was an issue with Telstra MessageBank Plus and/or visual voicemail but Telstra said this was enabled on my account already.

Jupiter

Have you applied the latest update to your phone? RCS on Google devices was broken (courtesy of the previous Google update), but was fixed on the 21st October.

The other thing to try would be to send "Audio Off" to 144 and then wait a few minutes and send the "Audio On" message again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DavidAM

I've tried numerous times on 24/7 chat to get some info on this but just end up going around in circles 

As far as I can tell Google has implemented their own RCS service and the Telstra RCS service no longer works on Google Pixel devices. 

The Google RCS service does not support voicemails delivered as an audio file to your messages inbox , only the Telstra implementation did... So we are stuck with having to dial 101 again to retrieve voicemail messages.

Supposedly the audio file delivery still works with Samsung devices.

I really hope this isn't the case, I need the voicemail audio file delivery service! I would have picked up a Samsung or iPhone solely for this feature, and not the new pixel 5.

Hopefully they are working on a fix so Pixel users can once again get audio file delivery of voicemails, can anyone at Telstra please advise ??

minkyboy81

I have the same issue. Quite annoying. The virtual voicemail feature was excellent.

Mikestuff72

Sadly I'm having the same problem on a new (unlocked) Samsung Galaxy s20 FE 5G. Tried Audio On/Off via 144 several times which made no difference. Same result using Google Messages or Samsung Messages. Really missing this feature 

Jaceaguar

I'm also in the same boat. I've looked around all of the CrowdSupport posts and came to the same realisation as others that the RCS has now switched over to 'Jibe Mobile for Google' but it appears the settings to even turn ON Visual Voicemail, are not showing / listed in the phone settings.

I've posted a support comment on the pixel community help page as well to see if anyone has a way around this. 

PilarA

Hi all, I just got the Pixel 5 and had the same issue. I was really annoyed as I loved the feature. After my husband said he got it on his iPhone a few days ago (which he never had so made me even more annoyed), as of yesterday it just started working again. 😃 Hope it starts working again for you all. 

DavidAM

It started working again yesterday! Yay!

Jaceaguar

Yep, just tested and mine has also randomly started working again! Thank goodness!

DW79

Happy to report it has also started working on my phone!!! Yay!!

njtmead

glad to hear this is working again for some, unfortunately it is still not working on my pixel 3. is my phone too old and not supported in this fix somehow?

i have the latest version of android os installed.

in messages app settings i have chat features all enabled.

i have tried sending audio off and audio on to 144.

tried turning the phone off and on.

still just getting the message to call 101 instead of voicemail mms.

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit