RVR-80s
Level 2: Rookie

No help for prepaid customers

Answered

It feels quiet frustrating that if you are a prepaid customer, there is absolutely no support apart from Codi who can do nothing useful other than bring up some URL's which you already have gone through a 1000 times.

I ordered a phone through Telstra rewards and paid 930 odd $s and 22k reward points and StarTrack delivered it to someone else.

I did not sign the package and never received the phone.

Lodged a ticket with Telstra complaint as I can't get through to any living person for support ever either through the phone line or via app, and was emailed Reference number SR 1-2720822988130

Next day, I receive a text from a number 0447 249 458 claims to be from complaints team but quotes reference as 3406525 and asks for my details. I just tell them its on the email and my mobile number as I am reluctant to give any further personal information without knowing its legitimate. They just collect the details and say 'Thanks' and I don't hear from them again.

Now there is no other way to contact Telstra other than logging more complaints, which I think defeats the purpose of the complaints form, but there seems to be absolutely no support for prepaid customers where they can speak to an actual person. I have no paid over 900$ on a phone which I didn't receive and receiving absolutely worst support from a company that which has a motto "Its how we connect"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: No help for prepaid customers

You should lodge a complaint with Startrack as well as they have delivered it to the wrong customer.

To contact Telstra, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen), include the complaints reference number in the message. If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get a response but you will get a notification through the app.

The consultant may only be able to send a request to the Complaints Manager to get in contact with you, but it's better than nothing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: No help for prepaid customers

You should lodge a complaint with Startrack as well as they have delivered it to the wrong customer.

To contact Telstra, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen), include the complaints reference number in the message. If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get a response but you will get a notification through the app.

The consultant may only be able to send a request to the Complaints Manager to get in contact with you, but it's better than nothing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit