Sancho123456
Level 2: Rookie

Pixel 3 Pre-order - bonus data

Last week I pre-ordered the Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3 for my wife and I. When I pre-ordered the $99 L plan for both phones included 30gb worth of data each. I've noticed that those plans now include an extra 20gb as bonus data, meaning 50gb all up. Will the bonus 20gb also apply to those plans who have previously signed up for the pre-order? Or does it only apply to the new sign ups since the offer change?
Hoping to get the 20gb bonus included, as 30gb for $99 is quite low. Didn't want to have to to go any higher cost P/M.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Pixel 3 Pre-order - bonus data

Generally, any bonuses are based on when you signed up not based on anything that comes up after you sign up. You could try speaking to the sales team but I suspect you would need to have the order cancelled and reordered to be able to have the bonus added.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Sancho123456
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I have tried contacting Telstra and the response seems to be a mixed bag.

I have had a web chat and a phone call confirm that we should be eligible for the new bonus data. Although I have a strong feeling that it prolli won't be included when the phones arrive. Anyways, thanks for your help.
DrQ

Typically the official response is that it is the same as if you went into say JB Hi-Fi today and purchased a TV then tomorrow they released a new catalogue and they decided that they were going to offer a bonus with purchase, it would be typically bad luck.

This is usually the same, it is based on what you agree to when you sign the contract. Sometimes it is honoured as a goodwill gesture but there is no actual requirement for them to do so really.

If you can't get a clear answer from the support team you can try the complaints team, as likely they would be the ones who would need to add it for you, it would be nice if they did but there is never a guarantee.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit