Battesyy
Level 1: Cadet

Pixel 4 XL Warranty Issue

Evening all, 

I recently had my Google Pixel 4XL encounter what seems to be a common problem after some research, I organised Telstra to send my phone away for repair/warranty, the staff in store mentioned that a minor crack beside my camera lenses could void warranty. I have since received an email stating I am to pay $790 to resolve my phone's issue, which is over half the price I paid originally. If I decline this quote, I am to be charged $50 for handling. 
What can I do here? I'd rather buy a new Samsung than pay $790 to receive a phone that can potentially have the same issue again. 
The issue is the common issue where the phone always shows 50% battery and only turns on when on charge, and will not last more than 5 minutes when not on charge. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Cam831
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Pixel 4 XL Warranty Issue

I'm having a different issue with my pixel 4XL. My phone calls keep dropping out! It's been happening since I bought the phone on a 3 year plan but I keep getting passed around from store to store from person to person when text messaging via Telstra app or calling and speaking to people in complaints. One comment someone from the Telstra messaging app said to me is my warranty covers repairs but not replacement... Like WTF! I'll keep trying to work out what to do but from what I can tell from my experience and others is that the pixel 4 XL is a dud and Telstra don't want to help.

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Pixel 4 XL Warranty Issue

Hey @Battesyy

Hope you were able to get this sorted. If you feel that the quote is unreasonable and that the device is in fact faulty you can of course dispute the repair costs. A handling fee $50.00 for the assessment is standard for the repair quote but you are welcome to chat with our billing team to apply for a credit on whatever grounds you feel are reasonable. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit