AaronL1
Level 1: Cadet

Pixel 5 blue tick return email

Hi,

After countless chats on Telstra and still unable to get anywhere I thought I would post here.

I received an email from Telstra on the 10/11/20 in regards to pixel 5 blue tick removal- giving us the option to either

1- keep phone

2- return phone and get a blue tick phone

3- return phone and get refund

"

Thanks for your recent purchase of the Google Pixel 5 handset. We’re contacting you as we incorrectly advertised this handset on our website as being a ‘Telstra Blue Tick’ handset. Telstra Blue Tick certification is provided to smartphones that provide the best possible coverage in rural and regional areas and are the handsets we recommend for use in regional and rural areas to receive the best coverage experience.
We’re sorry for the confusion.

As you’ve already got your handset you can either:

Keep your Pixel 5. If you are happy with the handset and don’t need to the Blue Tick requirements you can choose to keep your Pixel 5.
Return your Pixel 5. If you feel that the Pixel 5 is not suitable for your needs without Bluetick certification, you may return the handset and receive a refund of any amount already paid for the handset, or return the handset and swap it for another comparable device that that is Blue Tick certified. You can fill out the form here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Google-Pixel-5-issue-follow-up-request
You’ll need your Billing Account Number for the webform that is in the top right corner of this email.
If we don’t receive a completed form from you by 24 November we’ll assume you are happy to keep the Google Pixel 5.

Included in your purchase was a Google Nest hub, you can keep this no matter which option you choose.

About Telstra’s Blue Tick:

Telstra’s Blue Tick signifies that a mobile device has been thoroughly tested and delivers superior voice coverage in rural and regional areas
It was established by Telstra 13 years ago to help regional customers choose the phone that would provide them with the best coverage experience
Devices are tested for receiver sensitivity in a laboratory under controlled conditions and in rural areas on the Telstra Mobile Network, ensuring optimal call quality for customers
Regards,

The Telstra Team

"

I have submitted to 3- return pixel 5 and get refund on the 10/11/20- upon completion it said a return satchel will be on the way, but didn't receive any email confirmation.

It is now the 26/11/20 and still haven't received a return satchel for this.

Can anyone help me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Pixel 5 blue tick return email

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to the Telstra systems to be able to assist.

You would need to contact Telstra by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile. If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get a response.

These returns programs are usually not visible to the online consultants, so they may not be able to assist. The best they will probably be able to do is just record the query against your account. The SmartHome device replacement program suffered from a similar problem of lack of acknowledgment of submission and everything after that point is running late. I wouldn't expect a smooth process with the Pixel 5 either.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Androidography

I'm having exactly the same issue. Pretty damn disappointing but I don't know why I expected any better from Telstra.

The reps on the app are taking 15+ hours to respond so I'm just going to escalate again.

Buying the phone was a nightmare that took literally 7 hours of time on chats with people who promised the world but NEVER delivered (it took an escalation to the CEO's office to buy a damn phone!? It's insanity). Then, I had exactly the same comedic experience with trying to get my eSIM activated. Again, wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult given you know, it's allegedly their bread and butter. That one took over 14 hours in total, spread over 3 WEEKS (during which time I was left without a functioning phone). It ALSO took an extremely high level of escalation to get an outcome (a phone that I could use to make calls etc). I thought, SURELY this company would be broke if this happened with any regularity. Lo and behold, a quick websearch was filled with countless hoardes of other 'attempted customers' who just didn't have the time or inclination to keep me fighting for a result. So they got screwed. It beggars belief that Telstra is so consistently able to give their customers such an awful, stressful (and expensive - opportunity cost) experience.

I'm so incredibly glad I don't have shares in them because they're wasting an incredible opportunity to consolidate on their strengths. Sad.

I'll post an update if I can find anything out. Appreciate it if others can please do the same.

AaronL1

Lodged a complaint yesterday via the below link, and had a dedicated case manager today which sorted it all out for me. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit