Jake_Robertson
Level 1: Cadet

Pixel XL 128 black back order wait time

Answered

My old Samsung is on its last legs and really need a phone for work. Have decided to get Pixel XL 128 Black but have been getting the usual run around by Telstra both online and in store about when I can actually expect to see one turn up. Have been told that another service provider can supply immediately but being in Dubbo it would then mean having to put up with sub standard network for 12 months so not sure what to do and would like to know what sort of delays everyone has been having to face to get this phone, as I said my old phone is dying and really need a working phone for work which may force me to go to Optus just to have the phone I want.

Jake
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Pixel XL 128 black back order wait time

Optus don't stock the Pixel, it is a Telstra exclusive.

As far as I know the only approved retailers are Telstra, JB Hi-Fi (who are a Telstra dealer anyway) and Google themselves. Even if you check the Made By Google site for it, it only lists those three as well.

Stock levels are pretty hard to give specifics for on backorder devices as it depends on the manufacturer, they have this problem with every new iPhone release too, but as this is Google's first actual device it is likely playing part in their stock levels still being on backorder months after release.

That being said, if you were considering changing providers due to the lack of device, if you call 132200 between 9am and 9pm (ACDT) and say "disconnect" and speak to the disconnection team, they are really helpful team based on Adelaide who may be able to find out more information about the stock levels for you to try and get it sorted for you in orrder to retain you as a customer. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Accepted Solution

Re: Pixel XL 128 black back order wait time

Optus don't stock the Pixel, it is a Telstra exclusive.

As far as I know the only approved retailers are Telstra, JB Hi-Fi (who are a Telstra dealer anyway) and Google themselves. Even if you check the Made By Google site for it, it only lists those three as well.

Stock levels are pretty hard to give specifics for on backorder devices as it depends on the manufacturer, they have this problem with every new iPhone release too, but as this is Google's first actual device it is likely playing part in their stock levels still being on backorder months after release.

That being said, if you were considering changing providers due to the lack of device, if you call 132200 between 9am and 9pm (ACDT) and say "disconnect" and speak to the disconnection team, they are really helpful team based on Adelaide who may be able to find out more information about the stock levels for you to try and get it sorted for you in orrder to retain you as a customer. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit