FaisalM
Level 1: Cadet

Reception Issue - Highton Area

Hi, 

Recently signed up with Telstra and ported my number from Optus. Phone is Pixel5 so it has 3G, 4G and 5G option. I noticed that inside the home the reception is very low (either 3G, 4G and 5G) and i get call drop-outs. I tried talking to the someone over message service and i dont get any incident number hence i just started over again with someone else from Telstra support and going over same thing again !

I am now on a 12 months contract? What are my options to cancel the contract without any penalty? I never had any problem with Optus network so its definitely a Telstra network issue and i am having trouble getting to them. I am usually on a on-call roster hence i cant afford network drop-outs.

TLSmiley Very HappyR

Recently signed up for Telstra contract and found the poor network quality in my house. No luck with Telstra Support yet. Tested against two different phone and same result. Would like a help from someone who can actually help or assist with cancelling the contract without a penalty.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
iPat91
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Reception Issue - Highton Area

Hey Faisal

I hope your issue has been sorted. What was advised by our tech support team?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FaisalM

Nothing was done to resolve my issue. Live chat team is pretty useless. I managed to talk to a lady over the phone who was helping me troubleshoot and midway of our troubleshoot the call got disconnected. She didn't call me back. So I gave up. 

I think I should really look for a job at Telstra. It seems an easy way to earn salary. Sorry if it sound harsh.

But thank you for following up. I will probably have to forfeit the remaining contract money and go back to Optus. I work in IT and I am required to be after-hours On-call hence I can't afford to bad network.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, and I trust this can be followed up for you soon. You can check for network coverage in your area via our maps at https://tel.st/yrls4. Your reception and connection speeds are affected by a range of factors such as your distance to the local cell or tower, the mobile device you’re using, any signal interference in the area, and network traffic in your area and to the sites and services you use online.

Any widespread network faults or maintenance works in your area affecting mobile services will be advised via our Service Status page at https://tel.st/ary4b along with updates on the restoration time. If nothing is listed there I'd recommend trying our troubleshooting tool at https://tel.st/d6tpx; this can help with some common connection problems and will direct to our Tech Support teams for further assistance as needed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

FaisalM

All the above steps have been followed. I had a call with the tech support which ended prematurely and she did not call me back. My incident number is INC12252814.

Thanks.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

The details at https://tel.st/lctz5 advise that fault report was closed off at the start of the month - the page includes a link to message the Tech teams for further follow-up.

FaisalM

Sure. i can use that link to message the support team. I was hoping the call with the support team is recorded somewhere and proves that even that call disconnected prematurely due to bad network and no one called me back to complete the troubleshooting. That call took a lot of waiting time in the queue and then i get that service. 

Thanks for responding though.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit