Sbelsey
Level 2: Rookie

Voicemail play in sms

I have just upgraded (questionable) to the Pixel 5. Since activating, my voicemails no longer are playable through my SMS. Rather I'm having to dial 101 to listen to a new voicemail.

Anyone know how to change the setting so when I receive a voicemail it pops up in my messages for me to simply hit the 'play' button and listen?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
mgladwin
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Voicemail play in sms

I also have this problem on my new pixel 5. And some people can't sms me as I can't turn chat features on. Telstra told me to contact Google support. Go figure..

Ghad

Same issue / question for me.   Very retro, but not in a good way...

Jp2016

Same issue for me very annoying not sure how to change it back yet - I've joined the beta for the messages app that has brought back some features? But still not voicemail as text?

@Sbelsey wrote:

I have just upgraded (questionable) to the Pixel 5. Since activating, my voicemails no longer are playable through my SMS. Rather I'm having to dial 101 to listen to a new voicemail.

Anyone know how to change the setting so when I receive a voicemail it pops up in my messages for me to simply hit the 'play' button and listen?

Fitz7

I have had the same issue. The only solution which worked for me is by sending the word 'STATE' via SMS to 125100474. I shut down and restarted my phone, but other users have advised that rebooting is not necessary. I then dialled my number on my mobile and left a message to check all is in order and it worked. Since I have not had visual voicemail for two days, all my voicemails that I could only access by dialling 101 appeared even though I had deleted them. Hope this helps.

Jaceaguar

I tried the STATE option above and restarted and it hasn't appeared to work. Smiley Sad

After doing some further digging, it appears Google has removed carrier access to act as RCS (which offers the enhanced chat features and was also the backbone of the previous Visual Voicemail service) as they have rolled out their own via 'Jibe Mobile', issue appears to be that while the enhanced chat features are working, the Visual Voicemail is not. I've put up a post on the Pixel Community page to see if anyone else has managed to resolve.

ToastMH

Has anyone heard from Telstra regarding this issue? My Galaxy Note 10 was using the Jibe service and it worked fine. 

normstra

I have had this issue since launch of the Pixel 5. I have just realised that I have not had any voicemails in this time and tried calling my number and get the "your call could not be completed at this time" message instead of going to voicemail. What the hell Telstra??? Sort this out immediately.

normstra

Also should have said I can't even dial 101.

@normstra wrote:

I have had this issue since launch of the Pixel 5. I have just realised that I have not had any voicemails in this time and tried calling my number and get the "your call could not be completed at this time" message instead of going to voicemail. What the hell Telstra??? Sort this out immediately.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit