AJ1991
Level 1: Cadet

Why is it so hard to speak to a human from Telstra?

I have pre-ordered a Black Google Pixel 5 on the 13rd October, up until now (17/11) the tracking is still showing as "In Progress" while the stores already have them in stock.

Last Friday, I rang them up multiple times and luckily at one time I got to speak to a human!! Then the reps put me on hold as she agreed that the product movement flow looked very unusual she said she will have a quick call to the warehouse and will not take long. Of course, I was very happy to be assisted until the line got disconnected from their end.

Hooray! Tried calling them back multiple times and looped around the same questions from the bot and it decided that I need to subscribe to this StayConnect service and sent me the link through SMS to my phone before it hangs up. AMAZING!!

Today,  I rang them 4 times with no success. The issue that can be resolved in literally less than 5 minutes. Don't send me any more of the StayConnect messages sighh SMH

I have also tried emailing Melbourne's store in hope that they could at least help directing me to the internal department who can assist me.

7 days later.... *crickets sound*

As a customer, I did try to be understanding as much as I could despite, these tough time but what is the reasonable timeframe? The last thing I wanted to do is marching to the store and line up in that clunky setup concept before I get sent away because I did not make an appointment.

Why is the service provider I am paying for is making me do the job for them I do not get it? Smiley Frustrated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why is it so hard to speak to a human from Telstra?

Hi AJ1991. 

Thanks for getting in touch, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

As it has been over a month since then and most have been sent their orders already, did you end up getting this information? If not please let me know what has been happened recently, happy to help or get you pointed in the right direction for further assistance. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit