DH3102
Level 2: Rookie

Calling from Google Home Mini

I am making calls from my Google Home Mini which are answered but which cut out after the called party answers. The line remains open, but the person receiving the call cannot hear me. Any suggested fix for this issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Calling from Google Home Mini

Hi @DH3102,

Appreciate the concern with the mobile calls made via your Google Home Mini. When turning off the mobile network on your mobile handset and making a WiFi call does all seem ok?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DH3102

Thanks Ivan,

Enabling wifi calling has partly resolved the problem.

I can now hear the called party, but they can't hear me.

Have switched Home Mini microphone off and on again, but did not resolve.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

DH

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, DH - just a couple of quick follow-up questions:

What firmware are you running? It should be 1.42 or greater. (This can be found via Google Home App home screen > tap device > tap settings ‘cog’ > scroll to bottom)

What language is the device set to? It should say English (Australia). (This can be found via Account Screen (Person icon bottom right of app screen) > Settings/More Settings > Assistant > Languages)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DH3102

Thanks Greg,

Firmware is 1.42.171861

Language is English (Australia)

DH

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you, and do you know the make/model of the modem you're using for the home connection?

DH3102

Greg,

Modem is aTelstra Gateway Max by Netgear 639c.

Wifi router is a Netgear Nighthawk dual band.

Wifi network is running on 5G.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you - I know there are problems with the Netgear C6300 awaiting a firmware update but I haven't heard of this affecting the 639c. From this point our Tech teams on 133 933 or via the online chat service at  https://tel.st/abhku would be the best points of contact to help follow up on the problems with the calls cutting out as soon as they're picked up.

DH3102

Dear Greg,

Thanks for your efforts.

I note there are now a number of posts here with similar problems.

Rather than spend time on the phone I will wait for Telstra/Google to iron out the problems with the roll-out of this function.

I will keep an eye on this forum and hope Telstra will advise when the problems are solved..

DH

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more