ComeOn
Level 1: Cadet

Can not login to smart home app

Answered

Hi,

Recieved the smart home box and started the process of installing the app on a Samsung Android device. Installed ok and went to login. only to be given the error message of:

"You dont have a telstra smart home account. Please call technical support on 13 22 00 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm AEST and say 'Smart home support'"

So loged into my telstraid account and found that there is a section for Telstra Smart Home. Clicked on this and was taken to the Smart Home section which included a service Id number!!!!!

My next step was to contact technical support and the technitian did not have any idea of what was going on so after 40 minutes of rubbish and not listening I was fobbed off to the online text talk feature.  After the initial contact I was then passed onto someone else who knew more about Smart Home.  Another 40 minutes and another non-result on my problem.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and knows of a solution to my problem. 

Any help appreciated.

Come On telstra!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Danika2
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Can not login to smart home app

Hey @NTayeh

I was just wondering if you knew if Telstra Smart Home works on telstras new netgear nighthawk device?

Thankyou, 

Danika

View solution in original post

NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Danika2.

Yep 100% does. Only thing is that the Nighthawk doesn't have a WPS button for the cameras. You'll need to log into the Netgear web portal and select the WPS button.

I've tested it and it works perfectly.

Regards,
Nathan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @ComeOn,

Happy to assist with getting you online!

You can experience an issue similar to yours if you've had multiple Telstra ID's linked to the same account or have a dormant account that was linked to your Telstra ID.  This can be fixed but some work needs to be done prior to you gaining access to your Smart Home.  

Even if this scenario isn't the cause for you I'll still help you get online. 

Can you please PM me your account number, Telstra ID and the steps you've already taken and I'll work on finding your fix? 

Regards,

Nathan 

MichaelOtt

I have the same problem, was on a call for 30 minutes with result. 

NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @MichaelOtt,

Just confirming you can now access Smart Home?

Regards,
Nathan
MichaelOtt

Nope, still can't.

NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @MichaelOtt,

Can you pleaes PM me your details and I'll organise a call from one of our Tech Experts to help you with your activation. 

Regards,

Nathan 

cxx1

I can't log on to the Smart Phone app either. I've visited the Telstra store in person, phone two different help lines and used the 24x7 service. I've left a message and nobody returns my calls. Very frustrating. I keep getting referred to people who do no help. I have all the gear ready to go at my house but i can't use the app to set up!! 

AChellappah

I too have had the same issues. I spoke to the Smart Home Team about this on Sunday and there was. I resolution. Could Telstra please assist me in resolving this issue urgently.
AChellappah

Sorry this should read that there was no resolution
NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @AChellappah,

Happy to assist with this issue.

Can you please PM me your account number and I'll orgnaise a Tech Expert to contact you with a resolution. 

Regards,

Nathan

@TimmyB93

Danika2
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Hey @NTayeh

I was just wondering if you knew if Telstra Smart Home works on telstras new netgear nighthawk device?

Thankyou, 

Danika

NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Danika2.

Yep 100% does. Only thing is that the Nighthawk doesn't have a WPS button for the cameras. You'll need to log into the Netgear web portal and select the WPS button.

I've tested it and it works perfectly.

Regards,
Nathan

Justin9

I also just received my Telstra smart home, followed the same steps and the same message cannot log in?????
Justin9

What's the point of having this camera and can't even log in to the app? Think I'll send it back and save myself $25 a month
srkt

Same problem.Cannot login to the app. Says my account not enabled for  smart home account..

- Sai

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, 

If you're having issues logging in please call our support team on 132200 and we can fix this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Saxattack

I am having the exact same problem please help me
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Saxattack, 

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Smart Home App. Can you please delete the app off your device then re-install. If this doesnt fix the problem, please get in touch with us via whichever way suite you best: Smart Home contact information 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

stenocat

I have had problems as well, no one knows what I'm talking about.  I'm tearing my hair out just about.  I've just posted about my issues today as I'm tired of not getting called back except for the standard calls after I've made a complaint that my complaint will be resolved and someone will call me back then they don't know what I'm talking about.  I am paying for this service on my account and it doesn't work.  I need help with it. 

stenocat

A lot of us can't spend hours on hold waiting to talk to someone and then that someone doesn't know what you're talking about and then we're transfered to someone else, have to wait another eon with the same result and on and on it goes.

Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi stenocat,

I am sorry to see that you are also having ongoing issues. Can you advise whether deleting and reinstalling the application provides any relief as TommyR has suggested?

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

chancema
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Stenocat, 

If an uninstall/reinstall of the app doesn't work, then here are two other things to try: 

• Try logging in from a PC using the web portal: https://smarthome.telstra.com/portal 
  • Ensure you're using the right TelstraID- it needs to be the main account holder or the person who has the full authority for the account, not one with limited authority. 

Let us know if any of these steps don't resolve the issue. 

Thank you, 

Marti 

Kshatriyas

Same issue here can't log onto app had the kit here a few days 

I was told 48 hours to be set up after calling with the issue another 3 days no luck 

tried multiple devices uninstalled and re installed the app a few times no luck 

what is the fix here 

Smurph

I am a Pensioner and not up with all new Technology but my Nighthawk router keep telling me to log into M.home to receive my messages.  I cannot do this and now it says there is a download waiting .  I am very frustrated wityh it all as I was not really informed very well when told this Nighthawk router was good.  Don't know anything about it. 

Smurph

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more