Fadzz
Level 1: Cadet

Chrome cast and Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

Hi there

I have recently installed a Telstra smart modem gen2. Since then, I have not been able to connect to chrome cast. Every time I go on Google Home it cannot even find the chrome cast despite being me being on the Wi-Fi connection. After reading a few of the threads here, I have changed the settings on my modem so that the band steering is off, However that did not solve the problem. Are there any suggestions on how I can get

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Chrome cast and Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

Suggest you Factory reset your chrome cast device and reconnect it to the modem's WiFi Network, by deleting the old Google Chrome cast on Google home and adding Chrome cast device as new device.

Fadzz
Level 1: Cadet

I have tried that, and was attempting to set it up as a new device, but the wifi is not picking it up at all and I get a message that “no devices are detected”. Could it be something with the wifi security setting or any other setting? 

cf4

It might be due to Chrome cast Device not being reset correctly. If its a TV chrome cast device if it has been reset correctly you should have the set up instructions displayed on the TV attached to chrome cast device. If the device is reset correctly the chrome cast device will broadcast its own WiFi SSID. The app looks for this SSID when it is adding a new device. If the Google Home App doesn't see the SSID it displays the message "No Devices Detected".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more