Nikipedia
Level 1: Cadet

Desktop SmartHome App unresponsive/stunted playback issue

Answered

Hi all,

Just some feedback for the devs (and hopefully for others to chime in if they are experiencing the same issue)

The setup was a breeze, the cameras work perfectly, the app is working well on the Samsung S5 Android handset.

Accessing the smart home app online however is an entirely different story for me..

I have a 4 camera setup and currently when I click onto "My Place"  the next page becomes highly unresponsive.

Given that this page is trying to show 4 live streams at the same time - I could forgive the clunky responsiveness

My actual goal is to navigate over to a camera's individual page to review the video recordings it had taken on the night before (motion sensing automation working perfectly by the way)

The process of trying to view each individual recording is what gives me the most grief - it's just not workable.

When you click play, instead of showing a normal/smooth video playback the scene is completely stunted and ends up showing maybe 2-3 frames at random points before ending abruptly.

I am on 100/40Mbps NBN with speedtest.net results showing 90+ Mbps "during" my attempts to view these recordings from the online app page. I also have no issues watching other Adobe Flash Player content from either Chrome (which is what I am using) or IE10 so I am led to assume there is some problem with the app coding?

I would be perfectly happy if the recordings had to take a few seconds to buffer before starting playback.

Anyways, I digress - I truly love this system in every other way, the quality of the cameras, the night vision is perfect. The mobile version of the app is alot smoother and recordings playback smoothly on that platform.

Just hoping their is a possible solution for the problems with the app's desktop platform? Or is it just me having this issue?

My Specs:

Chrome Browser Version 56.0.2924.87

Adobe Player Version 25.0.0.127

100/40Mbps NBN FTTP

Kind Regards,

Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Desktop SmartHome App unresponsive/stunted playback issue

Hi @Nikipedia,

Engineering came back with the results late last night.  They identified a small issue with video streaming and developed a patch to resolved it late last night.

A test was also completed after the patch was placed and video streaming load times are now back to normal.

Can you please retest and let me know if you're still experiencing any issues with the portal. 

Regards,

Nathan 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Nikipedia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We really appreciate every bit of feedback that comes our way as we want to build Smart Home for the community so hank you!

Yesterday I sent this information over to our engineering teams to do further investigations. I also tested this myself last night as I have a similar setup with FTTP.

I tested on Chrome, IE and Firefox with cameras loading after 5 seconds. I also restarted all devices and my modem to see if I had anything different but load times stayed the same.

Engineering will have a full report back to me today and I'll share the findings with you, hopefully they find something that will help your situation.

In the meantime can you please power cycle all devices and your modem and let me know if you have any improvements?

We're currently developing an update to the Web Portal with improvements to usability and performance at the top of the list. Hopefully this update also improves your experience.

Regards,
Nathan
NTayeh
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi @Nikipedia,

Engineering came back with the results late last night.  They identified a small issue with video streaming and developed a patch to resolved it late last night.

A test was also completed after the patch was placed and video streaming load times are now back to normal.

Can you please retest and let me know if you're still experiencing any issues with the portal. 

Regards,

Nathan 

View solution in original post

nday

i cannot see or view the activities on my video clip even if i click the arrow. home smart is to try to view what's going on at home or watch the recording after it was recorded.  can you resolve this issue /problem

nday

if you call telstra you get transfered from one staff to anther and make you wait..ive called about four times in a day until i give up. now will someone resolved the issue of me unable to open or watch the video recording

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more