Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Disconnecting a service

Telstra has made it impossible to contact anyone for any help. I have tried calling up but I just get messages about going through the Telstra app or going online. I tried online chat but those are all "virtual assistants" and when I go through the Telstra app, I get to go to chat with the "virtual chat". I need to disconnect a service and I plan to disconnect all services as this is not good enough.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Disconnecting a service

Just more information - I have already signed up with another NBN provider and my Telstra Cable that I switched from has not been cancelled. I am trying to cancel this with Telstra for the past week.

Highlighted

All I can say is I'm having the same problem. Thankfully when I switched to iinet they had Telstra disconnect my broadband but it is impossible to get onto Foxtel by Telstra!!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm in exactly the same situation as you (transferring to Foxtel NBN). So frustrating, and they are obviously treating cancellations as the least important thing to do right now, even though we have mobiles with them!

Highlighted

Just an update, Telstra finally contacted me through the app and it took the rep 2 hours to cancel my cable service. I have two extra mobile services with them and this sort of service just encourages me to switch my mobile to other carriers instead.

Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

@sm007h @aDropBear @Tamar 

Hi All,

If you want to disconnect a service with Telstra just call 132200 and when prompted as to the reason for your call say "disconnection".

Also to the best of my understanding, If you switch to another provider, your Telstra internet will be canceled anyway.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

This is not what happened. I said disconnection and it sent me through hoops, telling me download the app, giving me other options, and eventually it sent me to an automated voice message about how I can do everything online and through the app.

Also, like I said in my previous post, I only managed to cancel my cable service 2 weeks after I started using the other NBN providerr.

Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

I have sent you a private msg, as its working for me.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more