myshawthing
Level 1: Cadet

Error message appears when trying to login to smart home app with correct username&password

I purchased an unopened&never used watch&monitor starter kit from facebook marketplace. I have belong internet connection at home. Upon searching to see if i have existing telstra ID- turns out i do-i then try to login to downloaded smart home app & the message i keep getting is unable to connect, or no accounts found. As far as i know i don't have an active telstra account. So now what can i do? I searched for answers within support pages& noticed that a cloud service subscription is needed to be paid for monthly??? Where do i get the cloud monthly service so i can use my camera& sensors at last?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Error message appears when trying to login to smart home app with correct username&password

You need to call 132200 to subscribe at the moment (which is difficult) to get through to at the moment.

Note: Depending on who your RSP is, your camera may not work (the sensors do). I'm with TPG for my home internet and we have never been able to get the camera to work through the Smart Home system (the camera works fine and I have managed to get it working independently, but it won't talk to the Telstra servers through my connection due to the way the TPG proxy works - which you can't bypass).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more