Johnno09
Level 3: Gumshoe

Has anyone received google equipment yet

Has anyone received google equipment yet, I see that Telstra smart home is now closing 16 December they will be pushing to get the equipment out by then as it is Christmas time deliveries

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Has anyone received google equipment yet

I received a notification through the Australia Post app overnight that a delivery is being dispatched from Synnex Australia, so I'm assuming that it is the replacement devices.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chriss_au

Same notification on Aus Post app. Moving slowly from Victoria. 2 parcels, due hopefully next week. 

Jupiter

Mine arrived yesterday. Got it all up and running.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chriss_au

Thanks for the reply.  Nice to know after the long wait, the replacements will arrive. 🙂

ceti

I received an email Monday from Australia post indicating that synnex is sending me something.  Today I received another saying it’s on its way and should arrive Monday or Tuesday. After reading these replies, I’m assuming it’s the google nest.  I also received an email today from Telstra stating I should already have received it and they are sending another email with an 80$ voucher at a later date.  

Chriss_au

I have the same Aus Post message due to arrive next week and Telstra’s email re $80 voucher next year.  

ceti

I’ll message here if and when mine arrives.  I don’t think it’s handled very well as I had no idea what synnex was. I actually thought Austpost made a mistake on sending me a message and was meant for someone else until I read someone else’s message on here.  🤷🏻‍♀️  My message said I should already have it, so I got a little hot under the collar thinking mines gone missing.  It’s all confusing and they should have notified us that synnex was sending it. After reading these messages on here, it all started to make sense and I started to calm down.   Hopefully everyone will have theirs before 16th of December.  Merry Christmas to you all. 

buizen
Level 2: Rookie

Received 2 packages from Synnex this morning which included Google Nest Hub, 1 x Nest Cam Outdoor and 2  x Nest Cam Indoor.

The dispatch sheets also advised lightbulbs and door/window sensors will be sent by 19 Jan.

With just on 30 devices installed, the offer of just $197 if I didn't accept the Google offer was disappointing, so this is pretty good deal at ~$630 RRP for the Hub & Cams.

Add the 1:1 lights, door/windows sensors and power outlets and I should be able to replace all but the external floodlights and water sensors. 

Chriss_au

My 2 moved closer yesterday per the Aus Post app.  Will message here when they arrive. 🙂

ceti

I received mine today, Australia post working on weekends.  It’s all good and all up and running. Now waiting for the voucher which I will use for more products as I didn’t receive any door or window thingy.  They only sent the camera and nest.  I paid for the google nest app and that cost 90$ For a years subscription.   

Chriss_au

Received 2 boxes just after 5pm today (Sunday).  Hub and 2 indoor cameras all working.  Will install out door camera, door sensors and smart plugs later.  

ceti

Do we have to get our own door sensors?  I thought they would replace all items we had with the Telstra smarthome.  Should I notify them?  

Chriss_au

My door sensors and smart plugs are Telstra Home replacements.  If you purchased any devices they should be included.  I did contact a couple of times to make sure of all the replacements they were going to send.  I would definitely contact Telstra.  

ceti

Thank you, will do that today. 

Dbdbdb
Level 1: Cadet

I received the aus post tracking email.

they divided the shipment into 2 parcels though - one arrived today, but the other is still sitting as shipping information received by aus post - I received the hub and outdoor camera, and I’m hoping the other missing parcel has the indoor cameras.

has anyone else had this issue, missing one of the parcels (containing indoor cameras)?

ceti

I rand Telstra on Monday to inform them I never got the door sensors and they said they will get back to me in 2 days which should be today. I haven’t heard yet. They gave me a case number, so if I don’t hear from them.   They first said that I didn’t qualify for it due to the time I purchased them. But when I complained, they asked me to wait 2 days and they will get back to me.  Looks like I’ll be calling them tomorrow. 

ceti

Hi there, has anyone received the door and window senses?  Mine never arrived and I phoned Telstra, so they credit me for them. I have no idea where or what to get.  Can someone here help me out with name of product that is compatible with the google nest and where I could get them?  Thanks in advance.  The guy on the phone told me to go to a Telstra store to buy them. (Which I think is wrong). 

Jupiter

Mine came with the rest of my gear. They were Mirabella Genio sensors. They are a lot bulkier than the Telstra ones as they work off wifi, but they work really well.

The Connect Smart range that Harvey Norman sells is also compatible.

ceti

Ahhh. That’s great Jupiter.  I’ll look up both of your suggestions.  Telstra gave me 100$ credit on my account for them. Thanks heaps.  Have a great Christmas. Smiley Happy 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more