Johnno09
Level 3: Gumshoe

Has anyone received the additional SmartHome equipment ie. sensors. By January 19

I received a letter with the google equipment to say that the rest of the equipment would arrive by January 19 also has anyone received the $80 google voucher yet as I have not

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Wat55
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Has anyone received the additional SmartHome equipment ie. sensors. By January 19

Hi,

Like you, I have not received the rest of the equipment or the voucher.

Very disappointing to lose the service, and have to wait for the stuff to arrive!!

FlowerShow
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Has anyone received the additional SmartHome equipment ie. sensors. By January 19

Have you had any updates? It’s mid Feb and I’m still waiting, this is beyond a joke now....

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

No voucher (not waiting on any devices), but I was looking at the Google store and their offerings that you can buy have been reduced to practically nothing as far as the Nest devices go, so I'm beyond caring if it turns up.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Angryjnr
Level 1: Cadet

I just received my sensors a few days ago. It was very unexpected as I had given up on them. They are very bulky though compared to the old door sensors 

@Johnno09 wrote:

I received a letter with the google equipment to say that the rest of the equipment would arrive by January 19 also has anyone received the $80 google voucher yet as I have not

Jupiter

I received my $80 google voucher (although there's not much you can actually spend it on - doubt that I'll use it).

I also received a second lot of door/window sensors. I don't know why, I'd already received what I was supposed to.

I will say this about the sensors: they are massively bulky and the battery life is terrible compared to the old Telstra ones. I've only installed one and I'm trying to decide whether I'll bother installing the rest or put them in the junk pile. Having to change the batteries every couple of months is not what I call convenient.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more