Sajal
Level 1: Cadet

How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

Answered

I have Telstra Gen2 modem. I have a 1TB HDD attached to the modem which I can access with my TV, Laptop and mobiles. No issue there. Problem is I can not add or remove files from HDD while it is attached to the modem. Is there anyway to enable write and delete permission through modem settings? [I understand the security issue, I still want that option for convenience]

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

The Bubble app uses DLNA so you will not be able to edit files on the Android device and TV. You need a app such as ES File explorer which uses SMB.

On the PC have you enabled SMB1.0 (Turn Windows Features on or off)?

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4

Re: How do I change read and write access for a USB drive connected to my Arcadyan gateway?

Are you accessing the files on the PC using File explorer using SMB1.0 or are you using a media app such as VLC or Windows Media Player using DLNA?

Sajal
Level 1: Cadet

I am using file explorer on my laptop. I use BubbleUpnp app for my android phone and Sumsung TV Detect the HDD automatically. As I mentioned earlier, no issue accessing file or device. Trying to find out a way to get write and delete privilege but no luck so far.  

cf4
Accepted Solution

The Bubble app uses DLNA so you will not be able to edit files on the Android device and TV. You need a app such as ES File explorer which uses SMB.

On the PC have you enabled SMB1.0 (Turn Windows Features on or off)?

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more