C3PO
Level 3: Gumshoe

How to update Telstra Smart Modem GEN2 Firmware Updates

Answered

I have the above modem with the attached firmware and have been led to believe by Telstra Technical Support that unlike updating the firmware for other brands of modems that if there is a firmware issue like unable to actually access the modem dashboard to logon to the admin settings etc (at least once a week) that I have to get a new modem as updates cannot be done remotely like Netgear for example! Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How to update Telstra Smart Modem GEN2 Firmware Updates

There are two versions of the Smart modem Gen 2 they might send you the Technjcolor version DJA0231 which does n oit have this problem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4

You can't manualy update the modem's firmware but as updatrs become availsble they will automatically be pushed to to the modem from the server. Your modem has the latrst firmware, when upgrade firmware is available it will automatically be installed on the modem.

C3PO

Thank you very much this is good news however I don't understand why Telstra are going to send me a new modem when I already have the latest firmware!? I have been in contact with Technical Support for a month now but they don't seem to understand the issue and are now going to send me a modem with the same firmware unless it is an intermittent problem with only "some" of these modems with this firmware??

cf4
Accepted Solution

There are two versions of the Smart modem Gen 2 they might send you the Technjcolor version DJA0231 which does n oit have this problem.

View solution in original post

C3PO

Hi again CF4
Fyi I thought I'd let you know that further my lack of access to my dashboard and settings with my original model with FW 0.08.06r I was sent another Smart Modem Gen2 with FW 0.07.05r (not Technicolor version DJA0231) which I received yesterday and within 24 hours (that is this afternoon!) it had been automatically upgraded to the latest FW 0.08.06r which I had in my original modem so despite my best offers I am back to where I was originally and expect the dashboard/access to settings issue to happen again within the next week! If (when) it does I guess I'll have to DEMAND a Smart Modem with Technicolor version DJA0231!? 😞
Cheers. Rod

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more