reallytelstra
Level 1: Cadet

my home data usage history is not listed on my account

for many months now there has been no data history displaying for my home data use when I look online at my account

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: my home data usage history is not listed on my account

As a response to Covid-19 Telstra decided to give fixed line home broadband customers unlimited data. Initially it was from March to 30 June that is why the online data meters are not recording your data usage.

reallytelstra

That is appreciated & as a person now working from home & will continue to beyond the offer I am very interested to know what my usage is for planning into the future when I need to pay for the increased usage, so I can plan for that usage volume & arrange a suitable plan so I don't get stuck with (caught out by) excess fees. By the time this known ( data listed online) I could be 1 & 1/2 bills into excess fees before I can do something about it.

Regardless thank you for responding.

cf4

If you have a Technicolor modem you can check your usage by logging into modem and going to Services > Traffic Monitor. There are meters that record the data from when it was last powered on, there are also 24 hour graphs that plot the usage rate per 10 minutes.

Meric14

It is now August and my data usage is still not available on my account

Jupiter

That's because they haven't turned the data counters back on (mainly due to Victoria still being on COVID provisions - ie unlimited data).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
reallytelstra

thanks for the info re Technicolor modem, after hunting to find out what that was & realizing i do have it, searching & trying various ways to log into it, of course it does not happen, either via Telstra "10.0.0.138 this site cant be reached",  via other numbers inc. (http://192.168.0.1& info found in another post by yourself advising UN & P/W was under modem which was also not accepted plus other passwords I tried.

So I cannot log in to get the info which would be handy if accessible.

cf4

Some one might have customized the password. If password has been customized the only way to restore original password is to factory reset modem. To factory reset press reset button for at least 10 seconds using bent paperclip or similar device. The reset button is either on back of modem near LAN port 2 or on front of modem below power switch.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more