Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Ring Doorbell

Answered

I have just moved house and have received a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2. I am trying to connect both a Ring Doorbell and a Google Home via Wi Fi but both devices can't connect. I have unticked 'Band Steering', turned Modem on / off but still unable to connect. Help! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Ring Doorbell

Have you factory reset the google home and the smart doorbell?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I actually tried your Factory Reset suggestion again. I mustn't have held down the button for long enough originally. Did it again and voila! Ring Doorbell all good. Now to tackle the Google Home. Thanks so much.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Have you factory reset the google home and the smart doorbell?

Highlighted

I have factory reset the Ring Doorbell but still no luck. 

Highlighted

I'm not sure but there seems to be an issue during the set up process where the wifi network switches from my Telstra Wi Fi to the Ring Wi Fi. It sometimes shows as 'No data connection's...

Highlighted

I not sure about the procedure for the ring app but when setting up a smart device on a new network it has to be deleted from the devices app. Have you deleted the doorbell from the ring app? You also have to delete the google home from the google app when setting it up on a new network.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I actually tried your Factory Reset suggestion again. I mustn't have held down the button for long enough originally. Did it again and voila! Ring Doorbell all good. Now to tackle the Google Home. Thanks so much.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more