FlowerShow
Level 1: Cadet

Ripped off by Telstra Smart Home

Anyone else been completely ripped off and left in the dark re: Telstra Smart Home Replacements? Telstra seem to be completely passing the buck, accepting no responsibility for the fact that it’s now APRIL and replacements still haven’t been received, and yet an email from Telstra in early March stated replacements from Synnex should be arriving with in the week... Any feedback appreciated, especially for escalation to Ombudsman and ACCC.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Ripped off by Telstra Smart Home

Did the email refer to a case number?.

You could contact Telstra Support using the My Telstra app and ask about the current status of your matter.

- in the chat type “speak to consultant” to speak to a person.

If that brings no progress then you can lodge a complaint with Telstra or the Telecommunications Ombudsman.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @FlowerShow, I know there were some delays but my understanding was all shipments were expected to be dispatched early March & a notification would come from Synnex to track the order. There would be case notes applied to impacted customers accounts though. It would be worth getting contact is with us on 132200 between8am-8pm AEST or chat with us through the My Telstra app & we'll investigate what's happening. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. You can find more info on the Smart Home Exit here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You should have received them by now. I received mine twice (once last year and another in March), so Synnex isn't doing a great job, maybe they need some sort of electronic system to track which orders they have been sending out. Also got my $80 Google Store voucher.

Ombudsman can't help as it is outside their legislative remit. ACCC might be able to offer some advice.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SadPotato
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I have a similar issue! I am still waiting for the rest of my devices to be replaced. I have been calling Telstra EVERY month, been given a case number each time, and was told that it will be escalated and their team manager is cc'd into the email but each month when I call through, the case has been "closed" and nothing has been done as I have not received the rest of my devices. I have been told to contact google, to which they advised that I need to contact Telstra, so I am been handballed back and forth with no resolution to my issue. They just want me to get tired of chasing this up so that I will eventually give up. Just send me my devices or give me a credit so I can replace the devices that I am missing.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more