Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Home Devices (Alexa Echo Dot and Spot)

Answered

I have had an Alexa Spot for 1 and a half years, at the time I was using a Telstra Smart Home Modem 1st gen, and the Alexa device worked fine. The modem transmitted at both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. After receiving the new Telstra Smart Home Modem 2nd gen I purchased another Alexa device, an Alexa Dot, both the Dot and the Spot could not connect to the internet. The wifi name did not even show up on either the Alexa when setting the device up but it showed the neighbors wifi networks ruling out the possibility that the device is faulty. Even after manually entering the wifi address it would come up with an error message with a few quick fixes like restart the router etc etc. One of the suggestions was to connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi network. Even after configuring the telstra smart home modem 2 to transmit a 2.4 Ghz signal it would not transmit the signal. Neither of the devices are functional so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Home Devices (Alexa Echo Dot and Spot)

The only solution is to contact Telstra support and request a replacement modem. It is not unknown for the 2.4 Mhz WiFi to stop transmitting on the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 Modem (DJA0231). If you log into the modem and go to Advanced > Device and it shows all your WiFi devices are connected to 2.4 GHz this would be a good indication that the 2.4 Ghz WiFi is faulty. Also check modem is the DJA0231 and not the LH1000. Model is displayed on LHS of modem's login page.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The only solution is to contact Telstra support and request a replacement modem. It is not unknown for the 2.4 Mhz WiFi to stop transmitting on the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 Modem (DJA0231). If you log into the modem and go to Advanced > Device and it shows all your WiFi devices are connected to 2.4 GHz this would be a good indication that the 2.4 Ghz WiFi is faulty. Also check modem is the DJA0231 and not the LH1000. Model is displayed on LHS of modem's login page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick response. I checked an their is no devices connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi so I am contacting Telstra support now will notify you if the replacement modem solves the issue.

Highlighted

The new modem came today and resolved the issue and would like to thank you again for the response 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more