KatieCupcake
Level 2: Rookie

Smart home discontinued

Hi, I have opted to get replacement Google items when Smart Home is discontinued. 

Based on the Telstra FAQs, the replacement items started to be sent out from 15 October.

I haven’t received any notification that my items have been sent. Is there a way to find out when my items will be dispatched. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
JonyBravo
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Smart home discontinued

Same here, and I called them too and the lady I spoke to from the Smart Home team wasn’t even aware of the discontinuation. Obviously just a call centre somewhere but she assured me it will be sorted. Heard nothing yet, have done the “swap” link a couple of times but am still waiting for the response. Some other threads have same issue.

looks like Telstra will just blame Google and kill their service and leave us all in the dark and when you ask for refund they’ll just say sorry you’re not eligible. Same Telstra tricks, just different product.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

All you get from the consultants once they go away and figure out what you are talking about is that "all further correspondence will come from Google" which is pretty useless as customers can't follow up with Google.

The consultants can't even confirm if your migration request has been received as they don't have access to it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Johnno09
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi is there any body received the equipment yet 

I have rang a number of times still no answers 

I don’t know if google got the order

Jupiter

I haven't even received a confirmation that my migration request has been received.

I am currently running on the assumption that the migration process is dead and that on the 16th November 2020 I will have a system that no longer works and that I will have to build a new one from scratch without the promised equipment replacements from Telstra/Google.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
shooter-123
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hey Telstra, only 6 days to go until Smart Home is no more. I’ve spoken to Telstra on three separate days and no one is able to advise what is going on. Pretty poor effort...

Jupiter

Well, for some good news.

Just got notification from Telstra that the Smarthome system is continuing past the 16 November due to delays in processing the migration requests.  Google products should be dispatched within the next 2 weeks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more