Johnno09
Level 3: Gumshoe

Smart home ending

Has anyone received the google equipment yet

It’s been a month now since I filled the forms, I have rung a number of times still nothing from Telstra or google

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Smart home ending

I haven't even received a confirmation that my migration request has been received.

I am currently running on the assumption that the migration process is dead and that on the 16th November 2020 I will have a system that no longer works and that I will have to build a new one from scratch without the promised equipment replacements from Telstra/Google.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
shooter-123

Nope - I have not received anything either.... I signed up early October for this and have heard nothing since.  Pretty poor form Telstra! 

Jupiter

It has been queried by one of the moderators, but she hasn't received a response yet. I'll pass on any feedback I get.

Just to note: I just got an SMS reminder that the service will cease on the 16th November.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
shooter-123

Thank you - I got the same text message today as well. 

Just got onto the 24/7 chat who said that they have no record or order number of my account.... seems there is a problem somewhere.  They guys advised to click the link again which I have done. 

Jupiter

They can't see it as it isn't an order that goes through Telstra's billing systems.

Mrs_L
Level 1: Cadet

I have been on chat for nearly 3 hrs this afternoon, they have no idea. No record of my request to migrate devices to google and can’t even seem to figure out what I’m asking. I’m into the 4th person now 😳 So painful. Our Telstra smart home hub has been hopeless for a while, have given up trying to reconnect. 

bigal8699

We have had the same problem filled the form in twice No response. Called Telstra they said takes 10 days.  24/7 chat yesterday to be told we haven't promised to replace your cameras just getting a refund on 16th  if you are not happy lodge a complaint and sent me the complaint link. Extremely rude. I did quote the email sent from them showing our products and what they are replacing made no difference

Vanuatu

Have you got an outcome as I have spent several hours chatting and keep going around in circles as I don’t have an order number. I resubmitted this form several times now but still no email. I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions? 

Johnno09

I don’t think there is anyone at smart home I think it’s all automated and it not working 

Jupiter

Well, for some good news.

Just got notification from Telstra that the Smarthome system is continuing past the 16 November due to delays in processing the migration requests.  Google products should be dispatched within the next 2 weeks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more