Iris72
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Locator

Can someone please explain to me how to properly use it, and asap please. My cat found an open window and I am really worried. And the app is taking forever to open on my phone. I've restarted the phone twice already :/ The last update it gave me was like 40 minutes ago..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Locator

The Wi-Fi tags use the Telstra Locator Bluetooth Community and compatible parts of the Telstra Air Network for location updates. The Telstra Locator Bluetooth Community relies in part on a crowd-sourced community of users whose devices help locate items. 

So basically, it needs to be within range of a Telstra Air hotspot, or somebodies phone that has Telstra locator activated on it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Iris72
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for the info. I did manage to locate him, I can hear his beeper go off but he is hiding really well.. Under a house it sounded like.. 

How would I join others in my area that has the locator, so that we can help each other if needed, or is that possible?

Jupiter

If somebody has the Locator service, then they are automatically helping. Unfortunately, there aren't many people using the service so coverage will be spotty.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more