OleMan49
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Home outage

I haven’t been able to login to my Smart Home account for the last 7 hours, is there an outage in the Adelaide area?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Tom2owen
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Telstra Smart Home outage

Seems like an outage Australia wise based on various forums on this site. 
service has been up and down since 5-6pm yesterday and all throughout today. 
Support Teams are no help at all. 
On the phone to the “helpful” ones again now, will let you know if I get anything useful from them. 

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @OleMan49 & @Tom2owen,

Sorry for the Telstra Smart Home troubles you have been experiencing. Does all seem ok now? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Hey @IvanS

there seems to be a bit of an issue, I haven’t been able to log on to ours for 3 days. Tried to call, but wait times were long which is understandable if there is a full blown outage going on. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DrQ, 

It would be best to have a chat with our tech support team here https://tel.st/ytybj and they will be able to check if there are any reports for the Smart Home. I've not seen other reports as yet and this may be something we need to look into if it's affecting multiple Smart Home users. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tom2owen

Hi,

I’ve tried live chat multiple times, and apparently no Live Chat consultants are trained in Smart Home. 

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry to hear you had been advised this Tom. They should be able to look into this too. Might be best to call 13 22 00 and say "smart home support". 

Trigga
Level 2: Rookie

I tried calling 13 22 00 and saying "smart home support" at every opportunity, and was unable to get to anyone who can help. All they said was I had to call another number and  sign up to "Platinum" for $80pa or $120pa to get help. After being told to pay $80 3 or 4 times, I gave up on that. The one tech support person that I did talk to, just wanted to help me with my internet connection, and couldn't understand why I was calling if the internet was working (then said I'd have to sign up to "Platinum" again if my query was about Smart Home). Very frustrating when I'm trying to use Smart Home as a security system - or isn't it designed to provide "security". Is it just a toy to look at things in your house - sometimes.

Tom2owen

**UPDATE**
Finally spoken to someone who knew what’s going on.

Smart Home Servers have been shutdown due to the fans that keep them cool, shut down over the weekend. 
apparently the service will be up and running by 4-5pm today. 

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for sharing this Tom and please let us know if this continues after 5pm today. Sorry for any inconvenience caused too. 

Tom2owen

Hi Dan,

24 hours on and still the same... either the app won’t load with same error, or when it does my hub won’t register with the server. 
Please can you find out what exactly is going on, and when it’ll be properly fixed. 
Thanks

TanashaM
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know, I recommend following this up with tech support on 133933 and they can look into this for you. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more