Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Home

Answered

All a bit much at the moment!. Trying to place outdoor camera.  Can the outdoor camera be hardwired.  I would need a really long cord to reach a power point. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Home

The simple way would be to think of it in a similar manner to a downlight.  The way downlights are installed these days is that the sparky installs a powerpoint in the roof near where the downlights are and they plug the downlights into the powerpoint in the roof.

You could get the same thing done for the outdoor camera. Get a powerpoint installed in the roof and put a small hole in the ceiling to run the cable to the camera.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The simple way would be to think of it in a similar manner to a downlight.  The way downlights are installed these days is that the sparky installs a powerpoint in the roof near where the downlights are and they plug the downlights into the powerpoint in the roof.

You could get the same thing done for the outdoor camera. Get a powerpoint installed in the roof and put a small hole in the ceiling to run the cable to the camera.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I understand now.  Thanks for the clear explanation . Now on track.Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more