Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Trouble accessing a web page, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Answered

I am having trouble accessing different web pages through chrome.

When I click on the web page, the link redirects me to this page and displays...

This page isn’t working

mymodem.modem redirected you too many times.

• Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have cleared my cookies, browsing history, cached images and files and other site data through chrome. I have tried also on internet explorer however unable to access the web page still. 
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble accessing a web page, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

A friend of mine had on his DJA0231. We turned off the Telstra Modem, disconnected his Samsung tablet, rebooted the modem , then turned on the tablet and linked it back to modem's Wi-Fi. I think the DNS function in the modem sometimes gets confused and needs a flush. There is a command to do that in a PC as well, but it wasn't required in my friend's case.  

If power down on modem doesn't work, you could try a factory reset - insert paperclip into Reset hole for 10 seconds with power on the modem. Any custom settings will need re-programming. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

A friend of mine had on his DJA0231. We turned off the Telstra Modem, disconnected his Samsung tablet, rebooted the modem , then turned on the tablet and linked it back to modem's Wi-Fi. I think the DNS function in the modem sometimes gets confused and needs a flush. There is a command to do that in a PC as well, but it wasn't required in my friend's case.  

If power down on modem doesn't work, you could try a factory reset - insert paperclip into Reset hole for 10 seconds with power on the modem. Any custom settings will need re-programming. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you so much Mkrtich!!!!

Powering down and resetting the modem worked perfectly Smiley Happy.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more