Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

10.0.0.138 logon

Answered

OK so when i put in the magic numbers i just get asked for user name and password - put in my bigpond.com username and password but wont accept them! What am i doing wrong :-(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 10.0.0.138 logon

Hey catmanric,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

These will normally be a default that is used, so admin / password, admin / admin or admin / nothing and this will be confirmed by the userguide for your device. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

OK zander what model device are we trying to get access to that address through.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

Hi there I would like to change the password on my tg782t thompson modem, when I type in 10.0.0.

138 i get a message from windows security asking me for a username & password...I don"t know either. how can i turn this off . & what do i do after that as i don't know any of my username & password for the thompson...

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey catmanric,

These will normally be a default that is used, so admin / password, admin / admin or admin / nothing and this will be confirmed by the userguide for your device. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thomson TG782T password & username

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting past the Password & username screen to access the router settings.

I've tried all the combinations of admin, blank, password, etc and still can't get in.

If I reset to factory settings what will happen to my devices? Will I have to change passwords etc on everything, ie printer, apple tv, phone, laptop, kindle, etc

I'm old and really struggling to keep up with tech. I'd really appreciate an easy to understand answer.

Thanks, Kev

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Thomson TG782T password & username

Kev,

When you say password and username screen, Can we assume you have typed in 10.0.0.138 via internet explorer and a introduction / device page came up with the Thomson Logon or router image on it?

Or are you getting an actual windows box pop up asking for permission first?

If its an actual Windows box its your username and password you log onto your PC with if you have one. Then try the combination of admin/.... etc that was provided on the Thompson page.

..."If I reset to factory settings what will happen to my devices? Will I have to change passwords etc on everything, ie printer, apple tv, phone, laptop, kindle, etc"

The Thomson is just a device that connects you to the internet from your Computer, I believe they meant reset that box nothing else.

BUT you may have to re enter the settings to make the internet connection work. (Warning)

Why do you need to access the Thomson? Does it have problems?

Highlighted

I toohavetried these option with no success!!! for some reason my internet lost connection the gatewayhadsome sortof shutdown!!! any more assistancewould be great.

cheers

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey clairsey1,

Have you tried leaving both username and password as blank to see if this is able to let you into the modem settings?

Highlighted

I too am having this problem, then i was on the page and clicked something and now my internet wont connect at all and when I tried to type the password on to connect via wi fi on my mac it says it it wrong and on my phone I have typed it in and it just states it is secure, saved and I cant even get the 10.0.0.138 page up anymore, I dont know what I have done 😔
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi alicia26, 

Do you mean when trying to connect your Mac to the WiFi network? Or are you having troubles with the modem settings?  

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, When i type 10.0.0.138 into address it says it is an unsafe site and I should not proceed. Why is this?

Highlighted

That's a very good question come mystery Katjay. Sounds like you've got an anti virus/firewall program that's completely out of step with the rest of the world.

First time I've ever heard of anyone getting that result before.

You can rest assured it's a safe site accessed by millions upon millions of people.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Highlighted

The modem, how can I reset my settings? I have reset on the modem but this has not worked
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There is a little hole on the back of the modem that says 'Reset'. You can use a paper clip to have this button pushed down for 10 seconds and then let it go and the modem will revert back to its default settings and allow you access again. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

alicia26 hi, wondering how you got along with Dingo's reply.

Highlighted

have this same problem is there answer to this

Highlighted

sorry that does not work because I have tried several times
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jtrusz4

So that we can get the best advice for you, I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you later in the day. 

Regards 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jtrusz4, 

Can you let me know the answer to the following questions:

• Are you able to let me know which make and model modem you are using?
  • When you type the 10.0.0.138 IP address into your web browser are you being presented with an error message?
  • Can you let me know exactly what the error message says?
  • Have you been able to access the modem's user interface using 10.0.0.138 previously?

This will give an indication of what your exact issue is and how to go about resolving this.

- Ben

Highlighted

I wish to change my PASSWORD for my Telstra External Modem, Model  TG799vac . How do I do this?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This can be done via My Account: http://tel.st/cpyn then you can update your modem.

- Shelly

Highlighted

Hi, I am trying to change my password on my prepaid wifi but every time I try and go into the 10.0.0.138 page it says problem loading page and connection has timed out! How can I get this to work or is there another way I can reset my password?

Thanks

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Em30 

Best to have a chat with our Tech Support team regarding changing your password. 

They can be contacted 24x7, by calling 133933 or via Live Chat 

http://tel.st/gq6m

Kind Regards 

Highlighted

internet connection at this adress is very poor ,i have been on nbn for 14 months,shifted house ,ond offered adsl to finish my 2 year contract, i have been hear 2 weeks and all i get out of my adsl is user name and pass word .

i am not a winger but i enjoy my internet. help?

Highlighted

Hi, Trying to log on to 10.0.0.138 and nothing loads up. keeps saying the address can't be found? 

Highlighted

I am having the same problem and when I read others answers they don't make sense to me too experianced need simple wording older person lol

Highlighted

Hey DEANJA,

I really like your animation with "Jeff" being written on your message.

Could you let me know how I could use it with my name (Philippe)? It's so cool.

Philippe

Highlighted

No worries my friend.

I actually created the signature years ago, stored it on my pc, and have used it ever since.

This is the link for the site: http://www.smileygenerator.us/magicpen/index.php

Signature.gif

Highlighted

Hi i cannot get my emails up

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jekenny

That's not good to hear. 

What's happening when you try and access your emails?

Highlighted

i need to reset my wifi pqssword

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jegathees007, 

Can you please advise, what make and model modem you have? 

Kind Regards 

Highlighted

I have bought a new Smart TV and when I try to connect to my Big pond password .It says incorrect password?

@zanderphelps wrote:

OK so when i put in the magic numbers i just get asked for user name and password - put in my bigpond.com username and password but wont accept them! What am i doing wrong :-(

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The modem log in name and password is not the same as Bigpond user name and password.

Default user name and password are
admin/admin or
admin/password or
admin/blank (no password) or
admin/telstra

If you are trying to connect TV to gateway via Wi-Fi you need the Wi-Fi password which should be written on gateway. Usualy bottom of gateway.

Highlighted

Moved home last week and have not been able to get the internet connected. I've sat on hold every day & night for the last six days only to be told each time that they can't fix it & that a technician will call me at certain times. Instead they keep calling when I'm at work at times very different from the arrangements.

Error is "concentrator not reachable". Tonight I've been on hold for two hours and counting. The dsl signal has disappeared and I'm still without any internet.

The lack of technical expertise from the call centre staff and the disregard.for call back times is probably more frustrating than the connection errors.

Any suggestions, other than changing providers (already considering that), would be appreciated.
Highlighted

I am trying to carry out the m.home instruction for a  wifi netgear 4g modem. 

Step 2 says: " A login page displays".

I have never seen one, onle another list of addresses. 

Where is the log in page.

Kempac

Highlighted

On the Nighthawk the default IP address you can use if m.home doesn't work is 192.168.1.1

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit