Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

1000/50 tiers?

When will these be available with Telstra. Myself and many others want to join with Telstra, but we'll probably have to sign up with Aussie Broadband or Launtel. Please make these available really, really soon.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: 1000/50 tiers?

Hi there, yes I hope Telstra release these higher speeds. 1000mbps & 50up 

other isp are doing it right now. 
but don’t understand why Telstra is holding out! 
I sure hope they listen to their loyal customers. 
otherwise I’ll have to jump ship & switch to Aussie boardband in July. 
I’ll be giving Telstra until then! 
I live in NBN HFC capable of 1gbps! Lucky enough. Please Telstra listen to your customers 

Highlighted

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed they didn't release it on Friday. Apparently they are releasing it in August according to Whirlpool, I hope not. ABB already have 2000 1gbps connections in a day. Telstra will lose so many customers if they don't offer this at least within the next week.

Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi @tishyn  @freeagent09 

Maybe Telstra is holding out because they don't want to introduce it to quickly and cause more customer complaints, or maybe they don't have the staff to do it atm who knows!

it news had an overall write up on this (link below). it does speak of only 7% of the hfc network being offered to 1000/50.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-limits-gigabit-services-to-just-7-percent-of-hfc-footprint-548...

gotta love the comments section in the link.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Also really interested.

Still a shame that upload got cut so much, but hey, higher downloads would be nice.

Aussie BB have been on my radar for a while, would be preferable to lead the market, not follow.

Highlighted

Yeah, I really wanna go to ABB but I know that the gigabit speeds would be much more reliable with Telstra because of their network. Lets just hope Telstra reasonably prices the plan. If they can beat ABB $150 to $140 or a bit lower, they'll get a good amount of customers.

Highlighted

I’m switching to Aussie BB later this month. After my billing period ends. I can’t wait til august. Even if that becomes true. Which I doubt 

Highlighted

I just hope my current Gen 2 modem works with Aussie BB. Otherwise I’m stuck.. it’s not like I’m rich and can afford to purchase wifi 6 router at this stage 

Highlighted

Can someone tell me if the Gen 2 modems will work? Aussie tell me after a reset of router, it should automatically connect! I hope that’s true 

Highlighted

Gen 2 ones will probably work but I would still recommended purchasing a third party modem because it would be using the full potential of the speeds. Gen won't have the best optimisation.

Highlighted

You guys should fill this form out for Telstra and push them to release this plan sooner. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/positive-feedback

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit