Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

$240 Charge for NBN installation

HI there , I just received my latest bill and have discovered a $240 Technician charge for the installation of the box for the nbn. At no time did i get informed that there would be a $240 charge , To plug in two wires ,,,,, really , he was gone in under 4 minutes. My issue is that as I was not informed of the charge in any of the follow up emails leading to the installation i should not be expected to pay it. two hrs on the phone after the line dropped out twice trying to get this resolved with no help given at all. I see the forums are littered with the same complaint. I require a credit to my account as this is a charge i was certainly not expecting . Given the option I would have plugged it in myself

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: $240 Charge for NBN installation

Hi, I was browsing through and stumbled onto your post.

I don't like unwelcome surprises like that, but if you can bear the hassle of trawling through any paperwork (agreement to undertake service, etc. - particularly those with your signature on), you may find the installation fee buried in there. I think most places charge this installation/set up fee. Also check for a 'cooling off' period (usually 7 days) if you want to cancel.

BTW, plugging it in yourself wouldn't be a good idea - body tissue doesn't conduct very well so you probably won't get a good signalSmiley Happy

Disclaimer: my thoughts are my own - use them at your own risk

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit