Rankin
Level 3: Gumshoe

3 Free Data top ups used

Been try to use the 3 free tops option and its accepted and advises that will take upto 30 mins to activate - however it never activiates - contacted the chat line and given some flakey advice that there is a tech problem - then nothing - surely if this option is always having problems (which there seems to be a lot going by the number of complaints), it might be time to get the ombudsman involved as Telstra are offering something they dont seem to provide = false advertising springs to mind.

Anyone know of whats really going on or do we simply accept that you cant get the free top up when you need it ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Johhno1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: 3 Free Data top ups used

Same here , have tried to use our free data ( 3 free top ups ) and still waiting since last Friday .I was told the same thing yesterday online " Tech problem " . Will given them till the end of day and then call using my OTHER voice.

Rankin

Chased up with another online chat to the help desk - so yesterday I was advised there were issues and could take 24 hours - today advised that the activation is in some sort of queue but there is a delay in when it will happen, probably 48 hours (where have I heard that before, seems to be a stock standard answer to just about every problem), So I think I am in the Spin cycle at the moment but to be fair will see if happens in the next 24 hours as that will be over 48 by then, wont hold my breath

Jeep1

I think it is mainly a marketing ploy.

I tried to top up my ADSL broadband  10 days ago, it didn't work. I used the 24/7 chat and was told:

"There is still a pending order for your Broadband order" (I have signed up for NBN)

"No need to worry on contacting us again as I will monitor your account until it gets completed"

That was 10 days ago so I assume I will have to wait until the NBN order is finished (which is an undefined time)

You would think that topping up anaccount with data wouldn't be rocket sience.

Rankin

Jeep1 - some handy info for you I just found out today - if  your on NBN the chat line cant really help you as they only do ADSL and Cable (strange but true), they will see the request you put in and that its pending or whatever - but you need to get thru to the Billing dept (they look after the top ups for nbn users), they then advised me that my using the auto top up request did not put a start or end date on the request so it just sits in some sort of limbo and they cant cancel it because the auto was used, so they have to raise a back of house request to active or kill the request - so like you I now sit and wait to see what happens - probably be the start of the new year and the previous topups just go down the gurgla.

Jeep1

I am still with ADSL and don't know when I will be transferred to NBN. And it is on ADSL I need top up.

Rankin

I would call them back and insist on chatting to someone from tech support

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit