slapper
Level 5: Eagle Eye

4 hours on Telstra Chat ... then they just leave for the day!!

FFS!!!  4 hours trying to resolve a Telstra Box Office account issue.
Four painful hours ... and then they just disconnect with the auto-generated "oh, we're finished for the day" message!!

Last activity was

19:26, Apr 11

Farooq S M D: I am getting the details please give me few more minutes
I waited a while then:
19:42, Apr 11
You: you still there Farooq? It's been more than 15 minutes!!
19:51, Apr 11
You: 25 minutes now! Somebody? Anybody?
obviously it all became too hard for him ...
20:02, Apr 11
Messaging: Sorry, our agents have left for the day. They'll be back between 8am-8pm AEST. For help, please come back during these hours. We'll now close this conversation for your privacy and security.
Info: Conversation closed by the agent 20:02, Apr 11

So what .. I start again tomorrow?
Bloody hell - I'm 6 shades beyond livid!!!
I eat glue

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 4 hours on Telstra Chat ... then they just leave for the day!!

For Telstra TV Box Office issues, fill out the following form (you don't use chat for Telstra TV Box Office) - https://www.telstratv.com/boxoffice/support/contactus

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BAZZ25
Level 1: Cadet

HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH WAN DROPPING OUT THESE LAST 6 WEEKS, CONTACTE TELSTRA AND THEY HAVE ARCHIVED NOTHING. SERIOUSLY THINKING OF CHANGING IP PROVIDER AFTER 20 YEARS WITH THEM.

Jupiter

I see you've got a faulty Caps Lock key as well.

Your chat records are archived in your account so the consultants will be able to refer to them.

As far as your WAN dropping out, can you start your own discussion thread?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Unhappythenleft

Good luck! I'm still getting bills for the account in Qld that was disconnected by Telstra in 2019 and it keeps going up. I've contacted live chat support and called them many times since 2019 and was told they will fix it and not to worry anymore. But this morning I even got a phone calls about my bills. I left Qld in 2019. then move to NSW and now in SA and still getting bills. 

Jupiter

Lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

A complaints manager should be in contact in 5 business days. If they don't fix the billing issue, you can lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman via tio.com.au

Unhappythenleft

I tried a few times but every time I click "submit", there is error and asking me to try again

Unhappythenleft

I'll try TIO since this was an issue since 2019. Thank you

SG22

Yep ... Everytime I resume the chat the agent tells me they will look over the thread ... And then ask me "So what is the problem you have today ? ... Another four hours going back & forth & they tell me "The Backend" will send you an email within 24 hours ... It never arrives ... And then a new agent comes on board "How can we help you today ?" ... I've been having the same conversation every day for the last week ... I'll be referring this to the TIO ...

P.S. Sorry, our agents have left for the day. They'll be back between 8am-8pm AEST. For help, please come back during these hours. We'll now close this conversation for your privacy and security.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit