badgrill
Level 4: Private Eye

5G Home Internet Service

Answered

Hi

I couldn't find this question already asked, so here goes

I received and set up my new 5G Home Internet box yesterday, and so far (mostly) so good - getting regular speeds over 300 Mbps (occasionally even over 400!) even in the upstairs rooms, which I am (obviously) stoked about.

Our study is at the other end of the house to the 5G box and speeds in there are a bit up and down (several tests between 10-30 Mbps, once or twice around 90).

My question is: can I set up my Netgear Nighthawk Extender (Model: EX6250) halfway to the study? I have tried but can't get it to work, so wanted to see if it was possible before I try again this evening.

We are considering getting an electrician to come and set up a couple of LAN points in the study and run it to the box - that will solve the issue*, too but a bit more expensive.

* I know, I know I shouldn't complain about these sorts of speeds but hey why not get the most outta it lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: 5G Home Internet Service

Theoretically you should be able to use the Nighthawk extender but you might have to change some Wi-Fi settings in the modem. Try changing modulation type first and if that doesn't work try changing security mode. See section 10 of document linked in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/telstra-5g-home-modem-aw1000-unofficial-manua...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

Theoretically you should be able to use the Nighthawk extender but you might have to change some Wi-Fi settings in the modem. Try changing modulation type first and if that doesn't work try changing security mode. See section 10 of document linked in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/telstra-5g-home-modem-aw1000-unofficial-manua...

View solution in original post

badgrill
Level 4: Private Eye

thanks - I managed to get it done by doing a factory reset on the extender and then setting it up plugged into my laptop via ethernet cable.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit