covotls
Level 3: Gumshoe

Absolutely Abysmal Broadband and Even 4G For A Week!!!!

We're in the Officer/Pakenham area, 65km SE of Melbourne and for a week or so now our NBN wifi and even 4G on our phones has been almost unworkable.  Typical evening speeds USED TO BE 50 - 53 Mbps download and 18 or so upload.  I've been doing speedtest (Ookla) testing and am typically getting 6 - 8 Mbps download and 8 - 10 upload but at one point only had 0.03 download and 0.49 upload (have screenshot).  

Days ago I was getting SMS from Telstra saying "we're working on a problem in your area" and later "problem resolved" but obviously it's not!!!  Have restarted the modem (Arcadyn LH100) and even reset to factory default a few hours ago.  Made no difference!  Have checked through the modem login and an app on my phone - nothing unusual using wi-fi apart from expected and usual.  At one point Sat night a speedtest came back with 57Mbps - best I've ever seen so I thought they've finally fixed it!!! Woohoo!!!

No such luck - temporary aberration.  Just tried again 4.45am (Sunday) when most sane people are in bed.  6.00Mbps download, 0.85Mbps upload.  Soon as I see the ping figure of 0.25 โ€“ 0.40 secs I know itโ€™s going to be a poor result.

Even our 4G (my S20 and wifeโ€™s iPhone 11) is bad lately โ€“ around 8 โ€“ 10Mbps.

My wife is employed in a key managerial type role for the upcoming census and itโ€™s been impossible for her to work at times because connection is so slow!!!

Aussie Broadband here we come if not sorted ASAP.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
covotls
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Absolutely Abysmal Broadband and Even 4G For A Week!!!!

On all devices - my pc, S20 phone and S6 tablet, wife's laptop, iPhone and iPad.  All abysmal, only ever 2 at a time connected.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you reported the problem to Telstra (via 132203 or chat in My Telstra)?

Have you run the troubleshooting via https://fix.telstra.com.au which will take you through to a consultant at the end of the process if the problem can't be resolved by the automated checks?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Check for Telstra outages using the webpage

You can contact Telstra Support using the Help section of the My Telstra app, or by calling 132200 (9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays) and speaking to the Faults team.

Gcovo
Level 1: Cadet

I've been in contact with Telstra through messages in the app and apparently we have an NBN issue so serviceman coming Wednesday. 

The person I was dealing with asked me to remove the SIM card from my modem (Arcadyn LH100).  I didn't even know it had one!  However, due to the fact I have MND (inc no speech hence didn't ring) my wife who is a technophobic will have to do it.  I can't find a manual online anywhere so could someone please explain what's involved?

Thanks, 

Garyj

Gcovo
Level 1: Cadet

Oops! It's OK thanks- SIM card was obvious.  ๐Ÿ‘

Gary

Set it & forget it

With direct debit thereโ€™s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit