Level 1: Cadet

Access request SMS delivered next day?

Hi,

I turned on the parental control on my ADSL2 broadband, so there are blocking sites and access time settings etc to protect kids from using too much internet. It works all good, but there is one thing weird. When you try to browse an blocked site, the page is redirected to a Telstra's page in which you can enter the site to send a request to the owner to unblock the site. My setting of the request notification is via SMS, thus I will receive a SMS when kids want a site to be unblocked. I did receive the request SMS, but it came to my phone 12 hours later (from the time you enter the request)! Is this normal or I have missed some setting?

Thanks,

Bo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Access request SMS delivered next day?

@Bob06

There are a number of reasons an SMS might be delivered late.
This can range from Coverage issues, to delays in the notification being generated by the Broadband Protect Service.

Has this issue only happened once, or is it an ongoing issue?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit