Mark72
Level 2: Rookie

Additional email address - help

Hi,

Can someone please help

We are new to Telstra/Bigpond and not off to a good start. Firstly, our primary email address had our surname spelt wrong - ok I'll just phone and ask they fix it.... no cant be fixed and we will have to create you a secondary email address with the correct spelling... great... 24 hours and it will ready - excellent!!

2 weeks later still not active. Number of calls and no help in getting fixed. Went on line today and created another email address and received a bigpond email advising my Bigpond additional mailbox is ready and waiting and we can access it via webmail via bigpond. Tried several times during the day and again tonight only to now having been locked out. 

Phoned tech support who advised even though I received and email from Bigpond the new additional address had not been activated and to ignore the email. They couldn't help any further  and transferred me to billing. 35 minutes and still on hold.

How hard is it to create an additional email address??

Can someone please help

Thanks 

PS - Love it how the spell checker can not find "Bigpond"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Additional email address - help

AFAIK, you can personally create up to 3 additional email accounts.They are free. I created my family's accounts.

https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do

you should be able to create additional emails accounts, and put whatever name and spelling you want.

Don't forget, -- passwords!

Note,those new emails will be hosted on Windows Live.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Not-impressed
Level 1: Cadet

Strange that you say that there can be 3 additional e-mail addresses, I was told I could have up to 14 as part of my bundle service.  I followed your link and got to a page which said I could only have one additional e-mail address as part of the service.  There is something terribly amiss with this aspect fo the Telstra offering, to the point that one must suspect there is misleading and deceptive conduct being engaged in.  Not happy.

Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Considering my post was last year, before the migration to Livemail one would expect it's updated. And LO, it is!

You can have 14 additional email addresses.

http://telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/#tab-emails

Did you know you can create up to 14 additional mailboxes over and above your primary user name?

don't jump to conclusions, instead look around a bit.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Arthur1

That's really great that you can have up to 14 additional mailboxes but how the heck do you access the damn things when you have created them?

Arthur1

Be prepared for a long wait.... two several hour chats on 24 hour chat and a visit to a Telstra Shop. Still don't know how to access the damn things!
Arthur1

The new email address shows up in my windows live but when I click on it all I get is a copy of my primary email. Why can't Telstra just make something that works for a change?
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Arthur1 

This appears to be really frustrating for you. When accessing your BigPond Email accounts, you should be able to go to https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin add the username of the new account, and the password that you have set up, and you should be able to log in from there. 

If you need any further assistance, you would need to speak with our 24x7 Technical Support team by calling 133933 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1_3
Level 2: Rookie

The Add Additional Mailbox appears to have been removed from the new UI. Great that I can have 14 additional mailboxes, but there is no way to create them anymore...... 😞

24/7 chat line is of no use. That leaves me having to call the Telstra holdline (30+ minutes typical).

Why can't Telstra get the simple things right?

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you logged into Telstra My Account https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount and selected the account for the Bigpond Internet account from the drop down list top centre of page?

Click on "Plans and Usage"

Click on "Manage your email Accounts" lower left

Click on "Add Mailbox"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit