Jilly10
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL and outages on landline etc

Answered

Hello,

just wondering if someone may be able to help me.

My internet connection via ADSL ( all that is available in my area) has been terrible the last week. Also my landline has been dead for days. I do not get mobile coverage at all in my area either…. Absolutely nowhere. Cannot load Netflix, send photos via messenger etc etc. Anyway I was sent a new Smart Modem. 
Have set it up but cannot connect to the internet still and land line is still out…. Time frame for fixing the issue is 6 days before a technician can come out. I’m just wondering is there something I am missing? Have been on the phone ( using neighbours wifi) 5 times in the last week with no solution. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL and outages on landline etc

There is nothing you are missing. It sounds like there is a fault in the street cabling and you will have to wait for the Technician. The modem does have 4G backup and should provide internet via the 4G backup but as there is no mobile coverage the modem's 4G backup will not work.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

There is nothing you are missing. It sounds like there is a fault in the street cabling and you will have to wait for the Technician. The modem does have 4G backup and should provide internet via the 4G backup but as there is no mobile coverage the modem's 4G backup will not work.

View solution in original post

Jilly10
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply. I just got an updated date for them to come out and now it is 25th Jan! So a long wait now until then. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit