Satelerevan
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL Bundle delayed

Hey Telstra team

First time posting on here, I have to admit that I'm a bit disgusterd that my ADSL bundle has been delayed. I ordered it early December and have moved house. I was told that I would have my services reinstated by 30 December and now get a message on the order tracking saying it has been delayed but no reason as to why, and no contact was made.

This is not acceptable from a Customer Service Delivery standpoint.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: ADSL Bundle delayed

The majority of people on Crowd Support are customers just like yourself. This means there can be quite some delay before a Telstra staff members sees your post.

The quickest way to find out why the order has been delayed it to call Telstra on 132200 or jump on Live Chat at https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

Hopefully they get you up and running soon!
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Satelerevan
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that, unfortunately due to the previous tenants who used to rent here before I bought the house with the assistance of my folks. As part of the mutual agreement, we told the tenants to disconnect their services before leaving the premises. Unfortunately they were not so co-operative and had cut all ties with the realestate and what not, causing an inconvience to all those involved. Furthermore, the real estate and former owner are legally in trouble with this if I were to take it to court, however we are trying to avoid that.

With that being said though I was stuffed around for nearly a month with the wrong information but had been recently told by a blunt/abrupt consultant who was infact truthful about what I really needed to do about providing  evidence about proof of ownership of the property etc. Regretably my folks and my solicitor are unreachable till the end of January so I'm stuck in the middle of it all and have to wait it out.

I believe I am entitled to compensation for this, and will have to wait and see in the meantime on my next phone call.

In all seriousness there should be a better system in place for transferring from one provider to another and have it all lined up as part of the schedule program and have majority of the issues resolved in a timely manner. In the meantime though, I just have to suck it up and wait and see.

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

If it's gone what is termed 'Connect Outstanding, which from your follow-up post it appears to be you do not qualify under normal Customer Service Guarantee guidelines for compensation relating to connection delays.

That being said, it's very obvious when this occurs to a new connection request and the proof of occupancy requirements should be well known by any rep you dealt with.

Normally the process is quite simple. However neither yourself, nor Telstra, could have known that the previous tenants wouldn't disconnect their line, and Telstra legally can't just cancel their service because you say they aren't there any more. These processes are in place to prevent someone from cancelling another persons line without their authority.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit