ak5
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL connection Frustration

I signed up to telstra business mobile, broadand at home in a bundle at a telstra business centre.

I work from home.

Today is the 5th full day without adsl connection. none at any time over 5 day period.

from Friday 20/5/16 AM to 24/5/16 PM zero connection.

I called telstra 4 days in a row and was on hold for 30 minutes, could not hold any longer.

I get through yeterday to tech support after 45 minutes and told no idea on issue, that i would be contacted by SMS.

no SMS follow up.

no indication on the issue, timeframes, expectations, apologies.

it would be more reasonable to provide some indication when out for 5 days, rather than total ambiguity.

a customer deserves more than this.

I call telstra business centre today, they have no idea.

I check again online trawling twitter, telstra web page, find an obscure post about resetting the modem tonight.

I follow the instructions and it appears to work.

why wasn't i informed of this reset earlier when i spoke to tech support yesterday?

why wasn't it sent out to all adsl customers if it is mass disruption?

I shouldn't have to find it myself and perform the technical process myself.

I'm not going to rant about it, but it is near impossible to run a functioning business with no broadband for 5 days.

there is no chance I am paying the bill for this month

zero

contact me on my mobile associated with my account.

i do not check this username

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Lisamar64
Level 1: Cadet

Re: ADSL connection Frustration

I have the same issue Telstra. I have been 5 days + with no internet for my home business. Was also told that I would get a text when up & running (2days ago) Today tried the modem reset after finding out about modem issues that Telstra did not let me know about. This did NOT work & I am still without internet & trying to run a business! Today received a text from Telstra that service would be undergoing maintenance in my area on Friday morning. What Service?? I don't have any!! Please contact me Telstra!! I have now been on hold for 1 1/2 hrs for the 3rd time this week!
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: ADSL connection Frustration

Hi Lisamar64,

We have had indications that in some cases there is a short window of opportunity to perform the factory reset on the TG799, specifically:

It can ONLY be plugged into power, so unplug anything from the ethernet ports, then: 

1.Power off the gateway then power it back on

2.The Status LED will turn ORANGE when it is powered on

3.Wait 1m for the Status LED to turn RED

4.       After the Status LED has turned RED, perform a factory reset by holding in the Reset button on the rear of the device for 10s

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit