Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL Connection

Answered

How long after telstra connects the home phone to your house do they connect ADSL

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL Connection

There can be a lot of variables to the time it takes for connection, but in a lot of cases it's in as little as 3-5 working days after the phone connection is seen as completed by the system (which can be a day or two after it becomes active at your house).

Often Bigpond will be able to give an ETA if you call them/chat to them.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya Dean,

Kalak is right it can vary and just to drill down a bit more on the information provided, when your phone line is connected there is a 48 hour period that needs to pass before we apply broadband codes to the line.

The reason we do this is to ensure the line is working correctly and allows us to run tests to ensure that your line is able to carry a sustainable ADSL signal.

Once the 48-hour period has passed, broadband codes are then applied to your line, whereby it can take up to 4 working days to complete connection provided no issues arise, however, you can be rest assured if anything is encountered, we will contact you to let you know what we can do to get you connected. Smiley Happy

It's best we get it right the first time, I hope this helps Smiley Wink 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

There can be a lot of variables to the time it takes for connection, but in a lot of cases it's in as little as 3-5 working days after the phone connection is seen as completed by the system (which can be a day or two after it becomes active at your house).

Often Bigpond will be able to give an ETA if you call them/chat to them.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya Dean,

Kalak is right it can vary and just to drill down a bit more on the information provided, when your phone line is connected there is a 48 hour period that needs to pass before we apply broadband codes to the line.

The reason we do this is to ensure the line is working correctly and allows us to run tests to ensure that your line is able to carry a sustainable ADSL signal.

Once the 48-hour period has passed, broadband codes are then applied to your line, whereby it can take up to 4 working days to complete connection provided no issues arise, however, you can be rest assured if anything is encountered, we will contact you to let you know what we can do to get you connected. Smiley Happy

It's best we get it right the first time, I hope this helps Smiley Wink 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Spoiler
3 to 5 days  or 19 days?  I was told by Telstra sales staff that the ADSL will be connected within 4 days of fixed line being activated.  Now they have me, they tell me "The computer says 18 Dec, and nobody can change it.  That is 19 days after the fixed line activation.  Of course I am not happy with that as I have arranged for old service to be terminated.  After many phone calls I eventually lodged a formal complaint only to be told it will be 3 to 5 days before anyone will even look at my complaint.   Who do I need to contact to get some action instead of stonwalling.  So regretting go back to Telstra already. Nothing has changed it seems.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

3 to 5 days or 19 days? I was told by Telstra sales staff that the ADSL will be connected within 4 days of fixed line being activated. Now they have me, they tell me "The computer says 18 Dec, and nobody can change it. That is 19 days after the fixed line activation. Of course I am not happy with that as I have arranged for old service to be terminated. After many phone calls I eventually lodged a formal complaint only to be told it will be 3 to 5 days before anyone will even look at my complaint. Who do I need to contact to get some action instead of stonwalling. So regretting go back to Telstra already. Nothing has changed it seems.
Highlighted

beat yous all!!, i Have been waiting exactly 28 days so far andf still counting for my adsl to be connected, even made 19 calls to various departments and live chats etc, anyone beat me? Must be metro users in brisbane and at least 4km away from the exchange

Highlighted

as in you are in metro area brisbane or you aren't? it has only been 11 days for me since i signed up but i'm getting concerned that its going to take alot longer. when one of the guys from work said he signed up monday & got a text tuesday saying they would come to install his cable... whattttt how does that work??

Highlighted

I PLACED A MOVE ORDER 1 MONTH PRIOR TO MOVING FROM THE 21/02/2013, I MOVED ON THE 21/03/2013 TELEPHONE LINE WAS CONNECTED BY TECHNICIAN 11/04/2013 THE INTERNET IS STILL YET TO BE CONNECTED THEY SAID 11/04/2013 THEN IT IS 16/04/2013 BUT THEN ANOTHER TELSTRA OFFICER IS STATING IT WONT BE CONNECTED UNTIL THE 18/04/2013 , AMONGST ALL OF THIS I HAVE SPENT OVER 5HRS ON THE LINE WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS WITH NO SUCCESS JUST ENDLESS EXCUSES, ALSO ONTO OF THAT I HAVE HAD A OMBUDSMAN REVIEWING THE ACCOUNT FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS  IT SHOWS HOW MUCH TELSTRA CAN GET AWAY WITH, THEY JUST DON'T CARE, ITS GOING TO BE A INTERESTING REPORT ON THE MEDIA IF IT CONTINUES. ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS & RUDE SERVICES ON TELSTRAS BEHALF

Highlighted

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit