Beno80
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL connection

Hello,

I had the technician attend my home to connect the home phone / ADSL connection on the 23/02/21 - he did all of the checks with his device and said it was all good to go.

i moved in yesterday and plugged in my modem, the modem detects the DSL links but i am not getting an ip address or connection on the modem.

How long from the time the technician attends to Telstra enabling the connection ?

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: ADSL connection

It can take up to a week between the phone line being installed and the ADSL being activated, but it sounds like your modem is seeing a connection.

Have you entered your Broadband connection username and password into the Broadband connection settings of the modem (instead of the newdsluser@bigpond.com that is in there by default)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

Have you checked in the modem's Broadband settings that correct Bigpond username and password has been entered?

Beno80

Hi Jupiter,

Yeah i have entered my username and password into the connection. Still no dice unfortunately 

Beno80

Hi cf4,

Yep, as far as i could find it was 

PPOE

VPI 8

VCI 35

username@bigpond.com

pass

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit