Nexus6-2020
Level 3: Gumshoe

ADSL in 4208 is a Disgrace

Telstra ask me to pay a premium price for what it calls a premium product. The truth is my ADSL 2 is third rate. Lags constantly. Slow speeds. And when you ask Telstra for help they blame everyone else but themselvess. Oh it's your modem. Oh it's the splitter oh it's the..... it's all spin & deflecting.

The truth is our area is oversold, exchange not upgraded & Telstra know this but continue to seek top $$ for a third rate service with zero tech support that only works certain hours not the 24/7 they have you believe.

All I ask is for the product that Telstra says it is and that I pay for. The ombudsman is a joke as well. As consumers we are being had, taken, conned & robbed on a massive scale.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
TimmyT
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: ADSL in 4208 is a Disgrace

Hi Nexus6-2020,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your internet speeds.  If there are any interruptions in your area, they will be listed on our Service Status Pagehttp://tel.st/6x6a. Furthermore, this link has tips which may help improve your connection speeds https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/How-To-Troubleshoot-Speed-Issues/ta-p/27813.... If this doesn't help, our tech support team are best placed to investigate this further for you and can be contacted on 133933.

- Tim  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Nexus6-2020
Level 3: Gumshoe

Oh I know all the tips you've given. The tech team aren't available 24/7. The site that shows any problems in my area says there are no problems in my area even though myself, family and friends in the area are having problems. But the big part of you reply that stands out is the lack of addressing the cost issue raise. I pay for a premium product and get delivered a lemon.

That's Telstra in a but shell. That never listen. They don't care.
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

I understand your frustrations and apologise. If there's a network issue in the area that's not yet been reported, yourself and other affected members need to contact us on 133 933 to report this so we can investigate for you. It's also important to note that while we deliver network speeds from our end there are many external influences that contribute to your actual achievable end-user speeds on your end, which we just are not in control of. I'm sure using the tips available you can maximise your speed potential for your current location at this time. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit