QuinnI
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL outage Forest Lake.

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing an ADSL outage in Forest Lake (4078) ? We've been off for a week now. Half a dozen calls to support has not been a particulaly rewarding expience. It's still showing on the outage notification web page and every day I check for an update, it's just getting bumped out to the following day.

Regards,

Q

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Pryza
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: ADSL outage Forest Lake.

Hey Quinnl

ADSL outages tend to be a difficult thing to fix, but also are quite rare... can i just confirm your phone line is also in good working condition and has a dial tone?

Most people know that you need a home phone to have ADSL, and that ADSL attaches directly to the home phone service.

If there's something wrong with your phone line, you might be able to get your ADSL up and running faster by having the phone line itself investigated.

If your phone line is in good working condition and has a dial tone (no crackle or noise), does it have any information about the Estimated Time of Restoration for ADSL in forest lake?
Although I am an ex-Telstra employee, all answers I provide are of my own opinion and knowledge.
QuinnI

Thanks for your reply. Phone is working fine. 

Now at day nine with no estimated date of repair...

Q

QuinnI

Wow ... just got this as a restoration notice:

Estimated time services will be restored: 6:00pm 30th November 2015 Australia/Brisbane

Outstanding ...  not.

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Quinnl,

Really sorry to read this, has anyone offered you an interim service for the downtime? If you contact Tech Support on 133 933 they can place the necessary notes on your account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

QuinnI

"has anyone offered you an interim service for the downtime?"

No ... Had to beg for it - Took two phone calls & two hours to get 2 Gb extra on the missus phone ...

If you see my case manager Mario around the lunch room, can you ask him to give me a call ? Thought I'd hear from him last week ...

Still no internet this week ...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit