Dualedge
Level 1: Cadet

Adsl speed and bad weather?

Is there any connection with adsl speed with bad weather? I noticed my adsl speed getting poorer since we have rain over the past 3 to 4 days in Melbourne. Ever since my RIM has been upgraded with top hat i have been getting speed around 12 to 15Mbps; but over the past 3 days i only getting 3 to 5Mbps. Help help.

Chatted with telstra helpline, saying there will be technician coming to call today but noone call me.

The slow speed really annoying especially when you have to work from home.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Adsl speed and bad weather?

Weather can lead to water getting it the pits or messing with the line quality... if they were going to send out a tech, the chances are that they identified a line fault... which may be just coincidental with the weather or have been influenced by the weather.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Another reason is that everyone stayed at home because of the bad weather and was using their internet.  Congestion at the exchange being the result.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Deanna

Hi @Dualedge

Where I live, our phone lines always have issues if there is a considerable amount of rain.

A good indication of water in the phone line is how is your landline connection?  I found that if there was water present it would  crackle and have static.

Hope this helps

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Dualedge
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra just rang me again and organize technician to come this Friday morning... finger crossed it can be fixed.

My landline seems ok... maybe it is just the internet speed.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Dualedge, 

How did you get on? Was the technician able to resolve your concerns with  your Internet service? 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit