BradWitham2
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Advice needed for purchasing a WiFi device to share my Telstra 4G data SIM

Hi all,

Not sure if someone can help me, but I'm looking for a device that I can use to do the following:

1) WiFi device that will accept my Telstra SIM card  (for data only - I dont use it for calls.

2) Preferably has a battery, but OK if it has a USB cable for power or charging.

3) Needs to support 3-4 devices

4) Most importantly - I want to be able to plug in a data (Cat 5/6) cable to it, so I can use this device as a backup 4G router in my office when the ADSL service goes down (which is about once every couple of weeks).  I need this device to be the uplink and allow me to use it in a 5 port mini-switch to give my 3 office computers (hardwired) internet access.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated. I've been searching and can only find regular Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced Pro X but I cant figure out how I could connect this to a mini switch.

Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
GlennL
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Advice needed for purchasing a WiFi device to share my Telstra 4G data SIM

Have you seen device like that, which have a cat5 in it.

I have seen modems that have a slot for a 4G dongle but not so much with a sim card, i have seen laptops that have sim slots.

Good luck with finding one that
BradWitham2
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Advice needed for purchasing a WiFi device to share my Telstra 4G data SIM

Yes I've definitely seen them with the data jack but none that have all the features i'm looking for so I thought I'd ask around.

Helpful posts are always welcome.  ;-)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit