Pistol12
Level 1: Cadet

All green lights but internet not working

Hey guys

i moved into a new place and a week ago ordered new Telstra internet for it. I’m unable to get nbn at the property yet because there’s a worldwide shortage of hfc boxes. 

anyway, they organized a cable connection for me. Yesterday the technician came at 8am. Then my modem and cable box arrived after. I’ve set everything up and I have all green lights, but the internet won’t connect. I’ve contacted the support chat so many times and they’re so frustrating. I’ve done all the troubleshooting they said, but this newest person I spoke to, literally just said “have you ordered a new service with us?” 

When I unplug the LAN cable, the modem turns blue for backup mobile internet and that works fine. But when it’s plugged in and modem turns green, I can’t get internet. And if I try to go to a website it says “this page is not secure”

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: All green lights but internet not working

This is a common problem with new Telstra cable connections and is due to the MAC address of the cable adapter not being registered. Has anyone from Telstra support checked that the cable adapter MAC address is the the one registered with your connection? There isa lable on the cable adapter with its MAC address.

Pistol12

Contacted them numerous times about it now. and they just keep going in circles. They said someone will get back to me within 5 days smh

Pistol12

So someone called me and took the MAC address and said they registered it. However the internet didn’t work. She said “wait 2 hours and it should be fine. If not, I can’t help you “. Does it sound like it should be ok?

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

If the fixed-line service still isn't working this can be followed up further by our Cable Activations teams on 1800 912 842. They're available from 8am to 7pm (AEST) weekdays on that number.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit