CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Anyone know when Telstra will have modems again?

Our Smart Modem Gen 2 Kit was meant to arrive on Monday - but apparently now Telstra is out of stock and can't tell me when they will have again. I just don't understand how that happens. I got a Telstra modem from a friend and tried to connect it as my order tracking says 'just connect your modem for service' - but there's no service. I've spoken to the call centre several times and they say the service will be active today but have no idea about the modem availability. The service isn't active and there's still no communication about the modem. It's frustrating to say the least.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Anyone know when Telstra will have modems again?

Telstra use 2 brands that look almost identical.

Its hard to comprehend that both brands are simultaneously out of stock. I doubt anyone but their logistics manager knows, and big companies rarely predict such matters. If its accurate.... any reasonable punter would say 1 or 2 weeks. I think ????  Basically no one here would know.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Anyone know when Telstra will have modems again?

Very frustrating

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit