willthekill
Level 1: Cadet

Appauling Customer Service

We tried to order cable internet in a house where we previously were using telstra cable. . We called Telstra two weeks ago and spoke to Rose. We informed her this is our parents house and they have a phone line with another provider and dont wish to have it removed. Rose affirmed us that cable was still possible and they won't touch the existing phone line. We proceeded with the order which was a $99 promo bundle. Two days later I chatted to Telstra online and spoke to Ray who told me that this was NOT the case and they would have to disconnect the phone line - I was frustrated that I was given the wrong information. Ray then cancelled Rose's order and put us on a standalone cable. I had to end the call as I was at work and asked Ray to call me back. Ray NEVER called me back. I called Telstra again as we recieved the modem that Rose sent out. I wanted to activate the initial order as a stand alone. AGAIN, I was told by the lady I spoke to that they could connect the bundle promo without disconnecting my parents phone line. So AGAIN, we changed the order. At this point I spent 1 hour on the phone with the lady who tried to activate our modem. After 1 hour she said that it was successful and that we would have internet in 1 hour. The next day the internet was working however at speeds of 3MBPS which was appauling. This was the speed for a week until finally we called Telstra again! We were informed that many errors were made on our order - Rose gave us a duplicated home number so they cancelled the order. The lady that activated our cable also made errors and now the tech support could not see our modem online. We were also rudely spoken to by an indian tech support officer who informed us that technical resolutions were only available on weekdays and refused to help us on Saturday afternoon. (2/12/17) We waited til today which is Monday 4/12/17 and found out that the tech support officer lied to us and after 1 hour on the phone today, we are being charged $200+ for you guys to come out and get your crap together! This is absolutely disgusting and uncalled for. You have made so many errors on our order - it has been TWO weeks and we STILL do not have any cable internet. Absolutely disgusting Telstra!

Waive all technician fees (we were told right from the very start that cable would work in this home - why do we need to pay a technician?) waive all start up fee (why pay for a service that hasn't even started?) discount the first monthly bill (why charge us the FULL bill if it's been TWO weeks and no cable internet yet)

EXPEDITE THE PROCESS IMMEDIATELY!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Appauling Customer Service

To have your complaint dealt with, you will need to call 132200 and lodge a formal complaint. A complaint cannot be lodged through Crowdsupport.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @willthekill,

I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this issue. This sounds like something that may be best handled by our formal complaints process, which we have more information on here:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

That way we can get a case manager assigned to you to follow this through until it is resolved.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

willthekill
Level 1: Cadet

I have an SR number but was not assigned a case manager. Still waiting for a call back

SR1-1342446715810

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for that, I've just had a look and it looks like this has been assigned now so you should expect a call about this soon.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit